Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Birthdays    

Birthdays

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Birthdays

I �m writing this message, because I would like to let more people know that V�ctor has changed something and I want to thank him for having made our lives easier once more!

Look at the list of birthdays at the top of the page, please. From now on, it will only show users with 30 points or more and only those members who logged in the website during the last 30 days!!

Yesterday, Samantha.esl raised this subject:

For those who missed it, because that post has already vanished from the main page...

Thanks a lot for your prompt reaction, dear V�ctor!! Thumbs Up

27 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Yes, I �ve just noticed that, too...

27 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hello,
What a good looking pooch! Boy or girl? And what do you call him/her?
And the birthday list thing was good too....

27 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

a brilliant idea indeed ! Thanks Victor
hugs
Ikebana

27 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

It�s a boy and he�s called Pooch, Frank!! ;)

LOL

27 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

i know I  missed some of my favorite members � birthdays only because there were so many names and I got lost into the multitude of nicknames. Now it �s much easier! And fair!!! 
@Mabdel: I am sure this is a solid motivation for those with less than 30 points to create an original work here!!!!LOL 

27 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

It �s great, thank you very much, Victor. And also thanks to Samantha, who raised this topic.

27 Aug 2010     

Friedfam
Israel

Good solution - thanks everybody.

27 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Yes it�s wonderful but I am indeed surprised at how few names there are - does that mean that most members with more than 30 points don�t log in at least once a month or is it perhaps than many of these members are still on vacation?

27 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I don �t think so, Jayho! I �d rather believe that at least 90 % of all the users in this website haven �t reached 30 points yet. Confused

27 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi my dear Lady

This time, so sorry, but I don �t agree with you and Victor �s decision.

For me, it goes like this:

Here we are again, refusing rights which have been previously given / offered.

Those people who have less than 30 points and who haven �t login for the past 30 days , MHO ( my friend Lady �s copyrightWink ) may be  the future homeless - Internet homeless, even in the net space, they don �t get a place. Those who don �t have, who don �t manage, who aren �t able, who don �t have the necessary skills to walk forward.

Civilized people/countries go forward and take along all the sick and handicapped along. It �s OUR duty to go on helping them, who knows? may be one or some of them will guide all of us in a very short time.

They may be lazy people... ok, may be.
They may be people who have made a login and just disappeared..ok.
They may be people who have never given anyhting to this site  ...ok.

But I remember Victor pmed  ( or put something on the forum ) and ask us again to confirm our birthday, right?
If so, these members can �t be put away, now.

I hate when we put people aside, sorry, I do hate.

And the birthday list was not that long! If we have time to wait for the computer to wake up, and net connection to establish and rush to get the printables we need, GOD, we have a few more seconds to check the BD list and send our BD wishes to those we know, we are friends, we want to say a special word of "thank you ".
I drive  crazy, whenever we start pushung apart.

If, and only if, and only those who have already felt that    ... beeing put aside ... may understand how harmful this can be.
Coming from teachers, who are supposed to integrate, this makes me think !!!!

Ok, life goes on, I have lived enough to see things go up and, next, fall down and the other way wrong... being down, down, down and then... surprisingly ... start blooming and climb up,up, up

kisses
linda

27 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >