Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Literature project    

Literature project

mia001
Germany

Literature project

Hello everybody,

I would like my (advanced) students to do a project  on short stories (read, present their findings). Have you got any ideas on how to do that and especially on how to assess their work?

Thank you for your help.

29 Aug 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi!
well, you could make them work in teams (4 students par team): each team read one short  story, then they have to produce a summary together (200 words) then ask them to present the short story to the class. it would be better to make them work on short stories that have a similar theme (murder, animals...). then you can change the teams and ask them to produce a short story themselves!
have a nice day!
Elodie

29 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Mia,
Elodie �s suggestion is excellent.
If you need material, thie site has a huge selection of short stories;

Good luck!

29 Aug 2010     

mia001
Germany

Super ideas! Thanks!!

Have you also got ideas on how to assess their work? (e. g. effort, presentation, appropirate use of language, etc.)

29 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Why not have them present their project in front of other students (even teachers maybe), and then have a vote on the best... (You can even prepare cards for points - for effort, presentation, use of vocabulary, grammar...) If they �re teenagers, they love �performing �... (even when they say they don �tWink)

29 Aug 2010     

bilics
Germany

Hi!

I usually do an all year literature project with my 10th graders. Although it �s slightly different from what you are planning to do you might be interested in having a look at my evaluation sheet for the final presentation. I �m going to post it right away.

Good luck!

29 Aug 2010