Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > downloading ws    

downloading ws

Damielle
Argentina

downloading ws

Going back to the issue of helping new members or somebdy who needs points, I would also say that at present I�m not in the need of downloading any special ws. So send me a private message so that I know what you need and I�ll try to download your wss because I wouldn�t like to lose my points if I can help somebody.

29 Nov 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

This subject has been discussed at some length over the last few weeks and in principle I find that many members are more than willing to help newbies to get started and be able to download the worksheets they need.  I have sent worksheets to individuals who have requested specific material and I don�t mind doing this as requests are relatively few, but I should imagine that a contributor like Frenchfrog and Ichacantero may be inundated with individual requests for their sheets.

Please remember that the idea of the site is to share - it is both give and take.  All of us started with 0 points and had to contribute worksheets to see our points slowly accumulate and eventually we reached a stage where we could sit back comfortably and download at will.

The more contributions made with more people joining the site increases the chances of accumulating points and so if new people contribute, they will also be able to download. 

Please be patient everyone.  This site is not a competition to see who can get the most points, but one designed for teachers to share resources. 

So the bottom line is if you want to take out from the site then put more in.

29 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Logos,

I accept your point of view but it is not mine. I have said "new members or somebdy who needs points (maybe an "senior" member). A few days ago, I needed points, and some teachers helped me. And It was great. I have helped many newcomers and I have seen that they have not only worked hard but also improved their worksheets a lot. Most of us have learnt to design wss by seeing the other member�s. So I think that they need downloading wss.

"Please remember that the idea of the site is to share - it is both give and take." I wont give my points to anybody who doesn�t deserve it or download an absolutely useless ws. I don�t have time to see all the wss so a message will help me to call my attention to that specific ws.

I�ll take the risk of helping sb. and then I�ll see. In general, It�s worth doing it. That�s only an opportunity for them.  

By the way: you never agree with me Logos. Evidently we have different points of view!!!!Thumbs UpWink

29 Nov 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Damielle,

I think we are forgetting this is not our site, but it has  an owner who;

- had the idea
- set it to work
- set the rules
- devotes long time to us  and the site

When we entered, we were supposed to read the rules and accept them.
Once in, we have to follow them.
None of us is entitled to change anything.

You cannot manage the site as you like.  If every of us did, this would become a chaos.
I�d suggest you ask Victor for his opinion first, every time you have one of this ideas.

We are supposed to be professionals and know about rules, what is wrong or right to do and the steps we have to follow in order to change something in a place that does not belong to us.

I get the feeling this forum has become into a site for social meeting rather than for teachers talking about their experience, knowledge and doubts.

I hope you can understand my point as we have agreed many times...Wink

29 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

I just wanted to say something, sometimes you spend a lot of time doing a nice ws hoping it will be useful to others as it has been to oneself and when we need points to download some older ones a little help is nice.Personally I find it difficult to make ones way here once your ws has become "famous" its ok but till then it can be quite frustrating.

29 Nov 2008