Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Amazing work of the eslprintables member    

Amazing work of the eslprintables member

Songlessons
Ukraine

Amazing work of the eslprintables member

I know advertising printables is prohibited, but I just want you to have a look at the worksheet cli1 has prepared. I�m writing this because I�ve never seen it before (which doesn�t mean that other users haven�t already created something like this, it�s just I haven�t seen their work).

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=442626#thetop

At first I thought that the pretty train in preview is a clipart. But when I opened the file I realised that it was created in WORD application by hand! Just check it out and be amazed with me!

Huge applause!

Ira.

2 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Drawing in word is a lot of fun and I agree with you, Ira, Cli did very well. I like how she applied 3D effects. I did my Tino Topolino in Word back then, but making changes to teeny tiny elements after you had grouped elements was such a hassle. Now with Word 2010 you can change elements even after they have been grouped with others....so, just go ahead and try, you will have fun...it can be your solution if you want to use a copyrighted photograph like when I was making an exercise using information about a handicapped ex-sniffer dog, Max, the spinger spaniel, enjoying life, playing with leaves....I just put the photograph in a word document and started drwaing on top of it...here is what I got:

Check out Gabitzas �s work as well, especially her calendar contribution, the link can be found underneath the link to the cafe.

Regards

2 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Song...Which worksheet by cli1 in particular? She �s got a gazillion. Thanks. Ed

2 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

That was really an impressive drawing. Hey cli1, how abouta tutorial?? Ed

2 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks Song.That was really an impressive drawing. Hey cli1, how abouta tutorial?? Ed

2 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Ed,

You can edit all your forum contributions ;o)

Also, by getting Cli1 �s contribution and playing with it you can learn all you need to know. moravc and pinky makus have great materials to play with as well, just like svetamarik.

Klick on any shape, right-click, play with the options, drawing in Word is a piece of cake, there is nothing to be afraid of, it is so much easier than in Illustrator or Freehand, etc......all you have to do it select the freehand tool in the auto shapes area and start making a shape by tracing a picture ore making one yourself by setting one point after the other, click after click, a double-click will end your path, i.e. finish your picture...then you select the point you want to move and do so or add/delete some.

In Word 2010 you can even edit clipart you paid for by using the ungroup option.....I was speechless when I discovered that option a little while ago, opens up a whole new world....

Lizsantiago also put a tutorial on her blog.

Geek

That is the nice thing about this place, the inspiration is endless.....

2 Sep 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Thank you so much Ira for drawing our attention to that printable. What an artist Cli1 is! I �m sure her drawings with Word will inspire many of us!

Have a nice day,
mena

2 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks for the tips. Ed

2 Sep 2010     

mena22
Portugal

By the way, take a look at another great artist �s worksheet:

Sandra (xani) created the rooms and the furniture with Microsoft Word. Really amazing!

Hugs,
mena

2 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thanks for pointing that out, Mena, that was before I joined, so I didn �t know about that nice ws. I am not happy with the furniture clipart I have..... It is really nice, Xani is a great designer, her creations always have the perfect visual balance ;o)

2 Sep 2010