Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Movie    

Movie

Urpi
Peru

Movie

Hey dear friends:
tomorrow I have to talk about multiple intelligences, I know that the topic might not be appealing to my students, they just don �t care about those things. How can I start?  I thought maybe could be a good idea to show some part of a movie or I don �t know maybe a song? Please help me.
As always I will be very thankful.

3 Sep 2010      

Flora1
Brazil

If I were you I would make they feel it involving them in different kind of activities according to  Gardner�s theory so they could  be aware and after that, you could explain about the theory. I mean first do what the multiple intelligences say in class and after give the reasons.

I hope have helped,

Flora 

3 Sep 2010     

kodora
Greece

Have a look at this simplified version of multiple intelligences:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/MI/MITypes.htm
You can prepare a questionnaire involving the things they like doing and let them do it without mentioning anything about the theory.After they have done it ask them why they think they like these activities and gradually present the theory.
I hope I have helped you.
Dora

3 Sep 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi Urpi,

You can also check out this lesson plan!

Hope it helps.

3 Sep 2010