Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > about how tall are you?    

about how tall are you?

Flora1
Brazil

about how tall are you?

People I just know the metric way of saying my tall, please can someone explain about this of foot most of people talked in other question about saying foot, how can I know my tall in foot?

5 Sep 2010      

cacucacu
Argentina

Dear Flora try this site
Good luck
Love 
NAty

5 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

I used this site nt and the answer was Answer: 150 m = 492.125 �

OR 492 � and 1.51 "

but I didn�t understand, can you explian please?

5 Sep 2010     

arlissa
United States

The � represents feet and " represents inches. So you �re answer for 150m=492 �1.51" means that it is 492 feet and 1.51 inches.

5 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

Did you perhaps mean to enter 1.5 m (150 cm)?  When you do that, it gives you 4.92 � (4.92 feet) or 4 � and 11.05", so your height would be would be 4 �11".  You would then say "I�m 4 feet 11 inches tall" or "I�m four foot eleven".

Try this one:  http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/centimeters-to-feet.htm

5 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

I was wondering, so I can say I�m 4 foot 1 inch?

5 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

Yes, you could and if you �re about 124 cm it would even be true.

However, it sounds a little odd to me.  I �d be more likely to say "four one" or "four foot one" or, possibly, "I �m four feet and 1 inch tall".  Hmmm, no, sorry, I take that back--that just doesn �t sound natural.  I can �t see myself saying that.

5 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

hey I�m not 124, i m short but not like that. Come on!

5 Sep 2010     

Apodo
Australia

In American English it �s OK to  say four eleven, but Brit English uses four foot eleven.

We used to say six foot two but now we �ve gone metric we have to try remember what it is in cm. ...ummmm one eighty something? Tall, anyway.

BTW, we ask: How tall are you?      
         or         What is your height?  What is your height in feet and inches?

1 foot = 30cm (approx)
There are 12 inches in a foot.
1 inch = 2.5cm (approx)

5 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

sue this is not a joke!!!

5 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

well after your help I finally discovered Iam 5 � i am not 4 foot eleven, but anyway thanks for trying but it is really complicated at least to me.

5 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >