Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > HALLOWEEN IDEAS    

HALLOWEEN IDEAS

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

HALLOWEEN IDEAS

Hi friends,
I have to prepare a party for my school for halloween with the parents.
I have 12 students from 2  to 10 years old.
last year, I prepared a witch haunting  involving students and parents.
But this year i have run out of ideas Confused
and it can`t be difficult ideas beacuse this is their second year of english.
thanks in advanced. 
lots of love.

6 Sep 2010      

lapaoiza
Argentina

Hi Vale!

How about a song for everyone to dance???

Have a look at this video:

If you need the song, just PM me!

Paola

6 Sep 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Check out these posts from the forum.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=Halloween&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

6 Sep 2010     

cs1980
Portugal

How about some decorations, music and food (like halloween recipes) cookies and candies...

6 Sep 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Have a look at this! I think it is quite easy and interesting:

http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/sites/kids/files/attachment/halloween-party-activity_1.pdf

6 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

You need a Halloween karaoke - you can have lyrics to Cruella deVille and have them all sing it together with the parents - if you don �t have a projector, don �t worry - a poster or big papers will do. You can first have them all divided into mixed teams, so that you have 2 teams with mixed age groups (by all means include the parents) and provide the lyrics cut out and then have them asemble the lyrics while listening to the song. Then you can have them sing it out loud as karaoke, but use a magic wand and if you raise it they must sing loud, if you lower it  they sing in a whisper, if you wave fast, they sing fast, if you wave slowly, they sing slowly... You can also have an association game prepared and give the winners a packet of popcorn, or have memory games prepared with pictures and words and have them play. You can also prepare huge pictures of funny looking aliens or trolls and have each team fill out their identity card (have data-filling prepared on the poster, below the picture, such as: name, surname, age, planet, family members, job, likes, dislikes) using markers, and have the smaller kids colour them in or add antennae and stuff like that. You can also prepare a word bingo for them - prepare a list of 20 Halloween words and have each pair or family choose 5 words they want - you pull out the words, they cross them out if they have them, and the first ones to have all the words yell BINGO and get a pumpkin. I also love having tangerines or oranges on which I draw silly and scary eyes and mouth with a marker (not toxic, peels off before eating) to give out as prizes, or orange balloons with faces drawn - looks fantastic when you hand them out at the end of the party and they all go home carrying those. Have them all come wearing masks or badges, photograph or video the event... Prepare Halloween stickers, wordsearches, coloring pages and have centres where they can do these with their parents. Did it all and they loved it. If you can, you can show them a Halloween cartoon afterwards, Scooby or the Addams Family, have them all sit on blankets with popcorn and watch all together... Believe me, if things go well, you won �t have enough time to do it all. Make sure you mix activities so that something really easy is done first (because of the smaller kids), then sth more difficult for the older ones, then again easier, so nobody gets bored... You can even include parents - have them bring oranges or balloons...

6 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

ups, I did it again - too long... sorry...

6 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh yes, and you can prepare a simple Halloween story for them and tell it to them using pics and have a jack-o �-lantern nearby (it �s great if it �s dark so he �s the only light in the room, but the little ones may be scared) - read the story without the ending and have them guess it, and in the end tell them how the actual story ends...

6 Sep 2010