Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > No preparation    

No preparation

szamoca
Hungary

No preparation

Dear Colleagues,
Last year you helped me a lot and thanks to eslprintables I have got plenty of Wss. Thank you for all of you!
I wonder however if you have got any activities  that does not need a lot of preparaton or no preparation at all. I �m thinking of five minutes activities, warm-ups or activities that Ss can prepare on the spot.

For a start I give you an example that i learnt recently at an oxford conference:

Ask Ss their date of birth an after each answer say to which national holiday or something memorable is close to that specific date. eg. S �s birthday is on 2nd of January. you say: that is two days after New Year �s Eve.
Than ask Ss to write down important dates from their lives. Ss work in pairs and ask questions.Why is important 1996/7 etc.

I�m waiting for your creative ideas.

It´s too late now but I will check it tomorrow.

6 Sep 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You can browse through the warmer of the day section on Busyteacher here. There are lots of creative ideasSmile
Sophia

6 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
here �s one game you can use it �s called the name game

here �s how you play:

Teacher: "my name is Elodie like English"
pupil A: "your name is Elodie like English, my name is Ben like Brazil"
pupil B: "your name is Ben like Brazil, her name is Elodie like English, my name is Maria like music"
pupil C: "your name is..., his name is..., my name is..."

a very easy game and a good way to learn the name of your pupils!

take care
Elodie

6 Sep 2010