Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A New Site For Students    

A New Site For Students

Zora
Canada

A New Site For Students

Hi everyone, Smile

I decided about a month ago - after reading a few messages about places for students to interact - to start up a forum where they could practice their English and even find pen friends to write back and forth to using the site as a means of communication.

i.e. they could write back and forth to each other on the site using the pm system there.

The site is aimed at just having fun, sharing ideas, chatting about things in general, etc... just like here on one of our crazy days LOL - but using English as their way of communicating with each other.

The address to the site is:

http://esltime.2.forumer.com/

So feel free to check it out... any ideas are welcome... and I do need moderators to help me out, so if you feel up to the challenge of keeping kids in line LOL after your day is over, let me know.

Also, any questions anyone has just pm me here or there on the site, I am Zoraesl - obviously. Thumbs Up

Big hugs,

Linda

8 Sep 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Great job Linda! Wish you good luck in getting your forum site going!

8 Sep 2010     

AACG
Argentina

Great idea!I �m going to invite my students to participate.

8 Sep 2010     

mildredpierce
France

Thanks for letting me know about this, Linda! Unfortunately it �s very difficult for ss to have access to a computer at my school... I teach nice kids with social issues, and most of them don �t have a PC or a MAC at home either...
Good luck in getting this nice forum to become the place to be!

8 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Linda

Great idea, thanks for ringing me on FB. I couldn �t leave a message there ( it �s a little messed up, no place to answer,), so I follow this link. I �ll check it and see if I can arrange things with my kids. Many, as it was said before, don �t have a computer/net  at home and those have to come to school to make some homework I ask, but it seems to me it may be a little difficult, our school doesn �t like students chatting - Cry.
Good luck and congrats
Linda

8 Sep 2010     

Zora
Canada

No problem Linda and Mildred. Smile I completely understand. I am also in an area where Internet at home is not that common yet... but slowly, more and more of my students are getting "connected" and I thought that is might be a "fun, yet practical way" to practice English - at school or at home - since forums tend to be a fun places to express oneself without any worries of being made fun of!!

8 Sep 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Lindabella, thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas with us, the site is awesome. Of course I will use it and my students too

Congratulations!

8 Sep 2010     

petili
Bulgaria

Thanks for the site!
It �s a wonderful idea and I �ll ask my students if they want to participate. I live in a big city and there �s no problem with Internet access so I think they will be interested in having friends all over the world  to talk to in English  
Thanks for the great idea, once again
Hugs
Petya

8 Sep 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Thanks, Linda!! I�ve already sent the link to my students.

8 Sep 2010     

LA LUNA
Mexico

Thanks so much for this option. It will be very helpful for my ss. I �ll let them know ASAP. Great job Linda!!! :) Thumbs Up

8 Sep 2010     

Sue.
Egypt

AWESOME... my students are too young to practice this but I �ll discuss it with upper grades I �m sure  they �ll love it Clap

Congratulations

9 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >