Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > S.O.S!!!!! AGAIN!!!! hehehehe!!!!    

S.O.S!!!!! AGAIN!!!! hehehehe!!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

S.O.S!!!!! AGAIN!!!! hehehehe!!!!

Hi, guys!!!! Here I am, again asking for your help!!!!

Can anyone tell me the difference bwtn "reporter" and "journalist"????

Thanks in advance!!!

Mar

9 Sep 2010      

hdefined
United States

Both can be reporters and cover similar material, but the mediums they use can be different. A reporter can be someone who speaks in front of a camera. A journalist typically reports via writing.

9 Sep 2010     

Apodo
Australia

I found this:

A journalist collects and disseminates information about current events, people, trends, and issues. His or her work is acknowledged as journalism.

Reporters are one type of journalist. They create reports as a profession for broadcast or publication in mass media such as newspapers, television, radio, magazines, documentary film, and the Internet. Reporters find sources for their work, their reports can be either spoken or written, and they are often expected to report in the most objective and unbiased way to serve the public good. A columnist is a journalist who writes pieces that appear regularly in newspapers or magazines.

Depending on the context, the term journalist also includes various types of editors and visual journalists, such as photographers, graphic artists, and page designers.

9 Sep 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hdefined, Apodo, thanks so much for taking the time to help me.....!!!! I have it a little clearer now!!!!

Hugs!!!

Mar

9 Sep 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

reporter

a person whose job is to discover information about news events and describe them for a newspaper or magazine or for radio or television

journalist

a person who writes news, stories or articles for a newspaper or magazine or broadcasts them on radio or television

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

I.e. a reporter is the one who discovers information (e.g. s/he is often gives a  running commentary, we often see reporters with a microphone in the news programme, they usually don �t work in the studio, and they ussually tell the news about the contemporary events, some of the reporters are the first to tell about some events, s/he may interview the ordinary people and the witnesses of the event, reporters usually wear informal suits - everything depends oon the weather, reporters may work in a newspaper where thew report about the news).

A journalist is the one who interprets a repoter �s information (e.g. s/he announces the news, we often see the journalist in the studio, s/he may tell about the past events which can be known by the public, but the journalist makes the story interesting to read or to listen to, s/she may interview the politicians, and journalists wear a formal suit, jourlatists may work in a magazine e.g. Cosmo etc. and in newspapers where they usually write long articles and analytics, some of them have thir own column or a radioprogram on the radio).

9 Sep 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Sonn, thank you so much for your explanations!!! You are all very kind and generous people, I will never be thankful enough for your help!!!

Mar

11 Sep 2010