Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WATERMARKED CLIPARTS    

WATERMARKED CLIPARTS

joy2bill
Australia

I have a set of DVD �s of clipart which I bought  but I don �t use them. They take far too long to upload, even though they have been programmed into my computer. Also they are very heavy.
I find it much easier to search Google.

Surely if people allow their work to go onto a public domain ie google images they must know that they will be copied.

How can it possibly be policed?
Are we getting too concerned?
My tuppence worth, Joy

10 Sep 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

OBS.: Public domain and "google image search tool" are not the same thing.
It would be the same as saying that by uploading our wss to the internet we are allowing people to freely copy it. And moreover, claiming as their own.

Clipart sets/packs (CD or DVD or digital download) also come with TERMS OF USE. Always have a look at them.

We can �t know for sure about all the clipart uploaded in here, but at least the watermarks we know they are a clear violaton of someone else �s right to forbid the use of their work, when out of their terms. I do not know of any website which avails clipart with watermarks just as a way of advertising.

10 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Please, not more rules - we have enough rules already.

Please, more common sense - and use of public domain clip art. There are loads of free pics out there.

10 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2