Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > PMs    

PMs

Zora
Canada

Bruna!!! Stop sending Phillip pms! (Unless you send me ones too!) LOL

10 Sep 2010     

donapeter
Romania

linda is right!! What does Philip have and we don �t??  (reply via PM , pls)

10 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Many people ask about other languages and many times I send informations  in a PM because not all the teacher  are interested.

10 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Silvia, I have never seen you write "Check your pm."

Your forum contributions are always so useful and if people weren �t interested in the other langugages, they wouldn �t read a thread about them.

;o)

I agree with Joy, people reading the thread might have the same kind of problem and a public solution might help so many.

And messages that nobody understands but the people involved might just be what Philip says in his first answer or some kind of virtual exhibitionism .... look at my nice car, but I won�t give you a ride....

10 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think the practice of sending PMs shouldn �t really be questioned IMHO, but the fact that the sending of private message is announced on the forum by public message. Why oh why?

Tada! And here we have another reason why people send PM �s : the mind reader. Some seem to have the uncanny ability to predict that others won �t be interested in the stuff they send. Well, as far as I �m concerned I �m pretty much interested in lots of stuff. 

It �s not that I mind the use of PMs, au contraire, but I just wonder what has been sent when I see a "Sent you a PM" message on the forum.

10 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I can relate to what Liberty says, though.

10 Sep 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Girls... press F5 continuously!! You �ll be getting yours in no time!

Wink

And on the subject at hand... I can �t help but wonder when I read "Sent you a pm". I mean, there �s no actual need of pointing it out on the forum (since the person will see it first thing when refreshing the page), but I can �t say it bothers me.

Maybe some people like the mistery.... uuuuuuuhhhhh!!!

Pig

10 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

I don �t think anyone is saying that PMs should be eliminated but that it is redundant to tell someone in the forum that you PMed them...Ed

10 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2