Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Languages Day    

Languages Day

Denisa
Romania

Languages Day

Hey, you guys...how about the celebration of languages that we �ve talked about some time ago? when are we going to set clearly what and when? some suggestions have been made but nothing was planned for sure...are you still willing to celebrate?

11 Sep 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Sleepy

Soooooooooo, sorry, what bright excuse would your most intelligent student have prepared ?

That �s mine.Clap

I would like to make something, but I have had some FFUUULLLLLLLLLLL days, no time.

So, let �s start working:

1. Only English / English and native language / native language only (Censored ) ?????

2. Describing country / home town / capital town  / ...... ?????

3. Power point .. / word doc   .... ?

4.Number of pages ??????

5 . Students photos / no students photos / .... ?????????

6. Traditional music / no sound

7. Possibilities of joining all of the works in one and make a movie ???????

Waiting.......... Denisa..... Hello, Denisa, I �m here, waiting . LOL

I didn �t consider the possibility of movies , in advance, because we wouldn �t be able to upload the works here, but, in the end, we could try and make a GREAT movie and upload it in Utube.

Waiting for a much more elaborated planning, this one of mine would be refused by my supervisors, LOL

Linda

11 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Hi Denisa, I �d like to know if we decide all together for something "special". I prepared a poster from a worksheet I downloaded some days ago from this site and my young students will have to find the Countries on aa atlas and then...I don �t know yet! Any idea?
Ciao

11 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

mariannina

So happy I was , I loved that part of " I don �t know yet "  We must have, for sure, some kind of relationship, that what always happens to me:
There I go, and then, ......well, I don �t know yet, but something will show up, that is  the room I leave to my dear devils( students )
Love
Linda

11 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Thumbs Up

12 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dear Denisa,
Sorry, I must have missed that one, when is it and what can I do?

12 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

FRANK

we are all in a hurry, tons of things to do, lots of tasks, all very important and..............
EVERYTHING was to be ready YESTERDAY.

See,this is the Latin way.

So, goes like this:

European comunity has  ( I am serious ) a ONLY; UNIQUE curricula for every state member. ( most of the teachers don �t know, most of the governments .... don �t know, either ) No problem, Latin way of leaving that has spread or is spreading northwards

Well,26 th September is the INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES, so as you can see we have plenty of time, no hurry.
Denisa is trying to push us to have a kind of celebration, with some works by the students, well, ... you know what, Frank? We are waiting for your ideas. Come on, jump in, we need many, many to make something worth.

We are inviting you, 

come on
Linda

12 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Frank,

I think our dear Denisa was referring to this post of hers:

Best wishes - Silke

12 Sep 2010