Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > reported worksheet    

reported worksheet

MarionG
Netherlands

reported worksheet

Hi everyone, I have a question.
I just got a message that my flahcards on personal pronouns were reported. This never happened before so i don �t really know how this works. Can I reply to that message and �defend � myself? Does anyone read the reply or is it an automated message? Is it possible the worksheet gets removed without me being able to have a say, and without being told why it was reported?
I replied to the message I got, explaining that the pictures I used are available on many blogs and sites, that I even checked the original artist and that I found time and time again that the pictures are under common free share license but I am not sure that reply gets somewhere...Do the moderators see my reply?

18 Sep 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

As I could see the pictures were taken from an ESL site, which is against the rules. Those pics were reported several times already. The person who reported it provided also a link of the site:  http://www.os-brodarica.skole.hr/english_page/Grade4/PersonalPronouns/personal_pronouns.htm

18 Sep 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

That is too funny. the site quoted here is simply another site ALSO using the pictures, but in no way the creator of the pictures. they use the pictures since they are under creative commons license. I believe the original site - at least the one crediting the original artist as its contributor is this site:
http://tell.fll.purdue.edu/JapanProj//FLClipart/default.html, mentioned as source of the pictures in the blog �visual english �

you will find here that the original artist is BJ Hill and if you read the second paragraph of the page you will see clearly that one is allowed to use (and even modify) the pictures!

This is what I was afraid of, the fact that the pictures are used on a different site doesn �t mean that site holds the copyrights!!!!!!! In the case of these pictures, it is stated explicitly that one IS ALLOWED  to use them! That is why they were published to begin with, to enable teachers to use clear illustrations!!! They weren�t published as a worksheet as such, but rather as a tool to make our own materials!

Please moderators, I know your job is tough and time consuming (in a way I was happy I couldn�t moderate anymore when victor upped the points for it since it took me sooo long to look thru and check them) but please really check before you throw out a worksheet.............

18 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I �ve asked the moderators in the abuse reports section to read your thread and to vote for your ws to stay...

I just hope it �s not too late now, because a lot of people have voted already! However, if your ws gets deleted by the moderators due to wrong information, you can always ask Victor to restore it. And I think, he will do so as soon as he has read your posts above.

18 Sep 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Marion, I am sorry, I voted already for removal. Because there was a link, I thought it really is copied from there:o(( But as you know we are only humans so I hope you can understand. Of course if I knew earlier, I �d voted differently.

18 Sep 2010     

victor
Spain

Thanks for your explanation, Marion. I voted for it to stay. Anyway, if it is finally removed, send me a PM and I �ll restore it.

18 Sep 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thank you Silke, Michaela and of course Victor

18 Sep 2010     

crisholm
Spain

The clipart of Purdue University is specifically made for teachers to use, and therefore you are allowed to do it (I think the only condition is to acknowledge the source). People should be more careful when reporting worksheets, and even more so when Purdue is a widely known source!
Please forgive us all! And keep up the spirit!

19 Sep 2010