Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > A PROBLEM    

A PROBLEM

cristinacarre
Spain

A PROBLEM

HELLO I HAVE GOT A PROBLEM.

I GIVE TO MY SS THE CLASS RULES  AND I SAID THEM THAT IF THEY ARE WORKING THEY WILL HAVE AN STICKER.

I HAVE GOT 8 CLASSROOMS OF 27 SS AND TWO ENGLISH LESSONS A WEEK FOR EACH.

HOW IS THE WAY I CAN ORGANIZE HOW TO GIVE THE PRICE.

I HAVE DONE HAPPY AND SAD FACES.

MY PROBLEM IS I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH STICKERS FOR EVERY WEEK.WHICH RULE I HAVE TO FOLLOW TO GIVE THEM.

FIVE EACH WEEK?, OR A MONTH?

19 Sep 2010      

SaraMariam
United States

I �m using the traffic light system together with stickers; I made a chart on the wall with each student �s name and picture (since they are small and can �t read yet). At the beginning of the day they are all on green, if they misbehave as first warning, they get orange and if it continues red (plus a consequence for their behaviour). If I see a child do really great work, they get a pink card (or whatever color you want) and they deserve a sticker.  Like this you motivate them to do even better and you don �t give away too many stickers probably.
Or you can tell them for every 5 pink cards they get a sticker (as an example). 
Well, it �s just what I �m doing and it works well, maybe it inspires you a bit :)

Hugs
Sara

19 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Could it be a stamp instead of a sticker?

19 Sep 2010     

teacherfer
Brazil

I usually use stamps too, and a lot of lolipop and candies

19 Sep 2010     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

I use stamps to corret notebook, and worksheets. But we have a board in the wall where we put a star as a reward, we count it every friday and then I give them candies, stickers, or a certificate as a "the helper of the week" - "the cleanest table" - ertc.

Good luck!
Val

19 Sep 2010     

cristinacarre
Spain

What is an stamp
thank you very much.
thanks

19 Sep 2010