Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adults    

Adults

S.Reisner
Brazil

Adults

Dear friends,
The English school where I work is going to start teaching adults as well and I �ve been asked to coordinate this area.
Which books could you recommend?
Do you know how I can find the latest titles published?
I �ve read some people here recommending face2face. What do tou think?
I �d very grateful for any help you could send.
Thanks a bunch.

22 Sep 2010      

teacherfer
Brazil

new inside out, macmillan

22 Sep 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

New English File - Oxford Univ Press, I use them and really like them , and so do my adults sts.

22 Sep 2010     

benarina
Russian Federation

And so do I! New English File is the best!

22 Sep 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and for taking some time to think about my question. You`re awsome.

22 Sep 2010     

lcarvalho
Australia

Inside Out- Macmillian is a great Book, the lessons are in a very good pace, where teacher have the space to bring different material into the classroom. I also have collegeus who enjoy and recomend English File.

Have a good one!!

22 Sep 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

Another valuable recommendation. Thank you so much...

22 Sep 2010     

jucordeiro
Brazil

Well, I think you have to take into consideration the age of your students and also the amount of time they are going to have classes.

I work in a school and some years ago I took part in a research group to decide which book we would use. We had already used Interchange (Cambridge) and Skyline (Macmillan), but both were not filling our needs...

We had great possibilities like American Headway, English File (which I love!!!!), Inside Out and Touchstone. We wanted to adopt English File, but it was not possible because of the time (this coursebook is too long, we have classes of 1h and 40 min, twice a week). We decided to adopt Touchstone 1 for Basic 1 and Basic 2 levels because this book could give students a good embasement for the rest of their course. After that, students used American Inside Out. It was great...

After one year, Macmillan launched New American Inside Out... it is not so good, they cut lots of things and depending on the level, we teachers have to insert lots of extra activities...

We also use "In English", which is a great book from Oxford that is used with those students who take more time to learn (older people for example).

If you need more info, just contact me. I also have some material that can be used for analysis of coursebooks...

XXX

22 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Why don �t you visit a local ESL bookshop and find out what �s available locally?

Alternatively, if you �re going to buy lots of books, contact the rep of a publishing house if there is one in your area (e.g. OUP, Macmillan) and they might even send you free evaluation copies of some of their books.

22 Sep 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I like Cutting Edge and Inside Out.
You could download some books from englishtips.org to have a look at them first.

22 Sep 2010