Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help me with this game ,please    

Help me with this game ,please

Rosa_Rose
Egypt

Help me with this game ,please

We used to play a game in Egypt called "Arosty"... which is a guessing game..

It goes like this:

A person "could be an adult or a child",gives some information about "a place, buliding,person...etc." to his/her partner to guess the answer. Then, if the partner doesn �t know the answer he/she says "Arosty", to let the other partner give more information or description for him/her about the answer.
"Arosty" could be repeated many times until the answer becomes easy.

I want you please give me an equivalent for the word "Arosty", if you have a similar game.

Many thanks in advance.

23 Sep 2010      

erikaandel
Brazil

I don �t know if it �s the same game, but I know a game called "Teapot". 

According to the source: http://teachers.net/gazette/APR03/schandl.html "The Teapot game works like this: One student left the room and the class comes up with a word (noun) that is to be the secret word. Once the word is decided, the student is asked to return to the classroom and sit in a chair at the front of the room. Then each student has to say a sentence using the word "Teapot." in his/her sentence instead of the secret word. If the student cannot guess what the "Teapot." is, the students are encouraged to give easier clues as the game progresses, until a student guesses what "Teapot." is. The last student to give a sentence about "Teapot." before it is correctly guessed is the next one to leave the room until a new "teapot" is chosen.

Well I hope it helps ... :)

24 Sep 2010     

juliag
Japan

You could always say:
Give me anotherhint, please.
or
Give me a clue!

and so on...

24 Sep 2010