Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Tourism doubts    

Tourism doubts

RENZO
Peru

Tourism doubts

Hello, dear colleagues.
Please I need your help.

Who is in charge of the laundy room in a hotel?
a chambermaid.    Is it correct?

a  counter is an occupation?  I am not sure.
A counter works in a travel agency.

please, do you know a webpage where I can find  information about the types of tourism, rating of restaurants ( 1 fork restaurant, 2fork, 3 fork, 4 fork, 5 fork), rating of hotels ( 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star and 7 star hotel), rating of bars, types of restaurants ( take away, fast food, buffet).
could be webpages or worksheets or youtube videos etc etc.

What is the meaning of DE-LUXE DOUBLE ROOM?
MEANS a luxurious room         Is it correct?   I think that DE LUXE  is French but I am not sure.
A COMMISSIONAIRE = A PORTER     Is it correct?

Can I say DUVET blanket?  Duvet is a material right? Duvet is a French word but I am not sure.

I am very greatful for your help in advance.
thanks for being so generous.
God bless you.
take care.

24 Sep 2010      

TeacherLada
Croatia

A chambermaid is the person who tidies up the hotel rooms, makes the beds, etc.
I actually don �t know what you call the person who is in charge of the laundry service... I do know that the department is called Housekeeping (employs chambermaids). - Please check your inbox; I �m sending you more info there. Plus you �ve got some wonderful worksheets here which cover the key vocabulary you �re asking about.

A counter could never be used to describe a person; but people do work behind a counter (= a worktop).  Perhaps you meant � �a clerk � �? An agent works in a travel agency.

You were right about � �de luxe � �.

� �Duvet � � is the cover itself; the one filled with feathers or something else; the one that keeps us warm in winter :) There �s � �a duvet cover � � which you put over � �a duvet � �. Any clearer?

A blanket is a blanket :)

Hope this helps, hope others will help you with the laundry-people...

24 Sep 2010     

TeacherLada
Croatia

Try these ones created by our fellow-users Clap

24 Sep 2010     

Zora
Canada

TeacherLada is correct. There is no title (that I know of anyways) for a person in charge of the laundry room.

Maybe you could make up a title like "Manager in charge of Laundering Facilities" Wink

A duvet is a Nordic type blanket; so I would just use it as you would use the word "blanket".

Here Mr. Brown is the duvet you requested. // There is a duvet in the closet if you get cold.

People that work behind a counter are "sales people/assistants", "counter attendants" (fast food type thing), etc.

Cheers,

24 Sep 2010     

puddyd
Oman

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=176723#thetop
Here is a link to a very helpful three way pelmanism which describes to duty and names the job and a pcture to help ss to visualise the person. Hope its helpful.

24 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

A person who is in charge of a laundry room is called a linen keeper.
a counter used to be employed by an accountant before the event of calculators and automatic adding systems Counters were also employed by bookmakers in the gambling industry.
http://www.zagat.com/ for rating restaurants
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ for rating hotels
A Commisionaire is usually the head porter
blanket material cover for a bed
Duvet is another term for a quilt

hope this helps

24 Sep 2010