Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > dear fans-what do I do?    

dear fans-what do I do?

cauffeepot
Benin

dear fans-what do I do?

Someone complained about me at work! I � bummed.

28 Sep 2010      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Don �t be too bummed...
Somebody complains about you here ALL THE TIMEWink

28 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

I know, but here you �re just kidding. That �s my-work. Why do the paremts always vault over the teacher and tattle right to the prinicipal?

28 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Sorry, didn �t realise you were being serious...
That �s the 64,000 dollar question...
Because parents can
Because no one knows better what little johnny needs than mom or dad
Because parents like to live vicariously through the lives of their kids and get incensed when things don �t go their way.
You only have to observe the behaviour of some parents at soccer practise or at the hockey rink, or at the little league diamond to see how ridiculous the whole thing is.
When i went to school my parents wouldn �t be seen dead showing up at the school. they only ever went in extreeme situations which shall reamin secretBig smile
Nowadays a parent shows up at school if a kid so much as passes wind in the wrong direction.
So, unless what you did is irreproachable, then you just have to accept it as part of modern day teaching I �m afraid.

28 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

Well, apparently I said something about a kid I shouldn �t have in front of a lot of parents, but I can �t remember it. I just think parent shouldf have talked to me first. It makes me look bad in front of principal. But generally, yes, helicpter parents are everywhere.

28 Sep 2010     

Errie
Japan

Some parents are worse than their kids. In Japan they call them � �monsterparents � �. They complain about everything and even searching for the little things which normaly don �t bother at all.
There are always people around you who �ll need to get a life and it �ll always be like that. I think your principal is one of those. I assume he knows you better than the parents do and it looks to me that he �s not very supporting towards you.
If this will continue it might be better to look for another place to teach.

28 Sep 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Oh, boy... couldn �t resist! I can �t imagine how anyone can make you look bad. I was under the impression you�d handle that all by yourself...

Sorry for the feeding... uh... that reminds me, dogs... dogs must eat.

BTW... you �re making it easier and easier for others to find out your non-secret identity here in eslp. I �d suggest being a little more cautious. But what do I know...

28 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

no, my principal was great. It �s all a learnign experience, right? Bruna, I have a super identity nobody will be able to figure out. Okay, I �ll tell you. I �m Vanda in disguise.

28 Sep 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Damn, I thought you �d be the better person.
Oh, I know... you should say something about the WWII. That would get some heads scratched.

Dogs fed and I �m off to bed. Hey, that rhymes! Embarrassed

28 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Judging by what you post here, I don �t think you need anyone else to make you look bad, you �re doing a pretty good job of it yourself... Wacko

28 Sep 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

When I was a kid, the teacher was always right.  Today, the kid is always right and the teacher wrong.   There is no respect for teachers anymore.  People forget that we are the ones who have the future in our hands.

Hugs from Israel.

Judy

28 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >