Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Essay Writing    

Essay Writing

David Lisgo
Japan

Essay Writing

Hi,

My daughter Naomi will take an entrance examination for Akita International University in Japan in November and part of the test involves writing a 300-500 word essay in English.  Her first language is Japanese, she has never written an essay in English before and only a few essays in Japanese.  She will not know what the topic is until she sits down with 90 minutes to go.
She has asked for my help and I �m sure that I will be able to help her, but I have never taught essay writing before and I last studied the topic before some of you were born, so I would like to study up on the topic whilst working with her.  The choice offered on the Internet is overwhelming and I don �t want waste time looking for the best sites, so could some of you recommend sites which have been useful to yourselves and your students.

Much appreciated.

1 Oct 2010      

Hazza
Australia

Sent you a PM.

1 Oct 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thanks Hazza for pointing out that there are some great resources available right here.

1 Oct 2010     

douglas
United States

http://www.eslbee.com/
This is a site I �ve used in the past when preparing a lesson on outlining--it gives a pretty good breakdown of how each paragraph of diferent types of essays should look and even gives some interesting background/intercultural info on essay writing. (click on a specific essay format in the right column).

Douglas

1 Oct 2010