Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > word of the day    

word of the day

donapeter
Romania

Les,

I read your post yesterday and also I read Sextme �s posts and I didn �t find anything offensive. She has a special way of making jokes and I have been noticing that there are people who are not able to understand it. Saying that your post was too long was in fact a surprise that someone could write so much! At least.... I saw it like this. 
Unlike some other members whose intentions are deliberately mean, I think S was just trying to make us smile in her own way. 
I am not her lawyer, I am not her family , I don �t try to take her side BUT I didn �t see any intention of hurting your feelings. 

Don �t take life too seriously. I self-educate myself to understand people, their way of thinking and their backgrounds. If smth didn �t seem funny to me, it doesn �t mean its intention was to make me feel bad. 

1 Oct 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Dear Les ! I certainly would not like you or anyone at this place to weep alone! 

I have been a member for a long time and and an old one too and I can tell you that from what I know of Douglas and Sylvie ( Stexstme) they surely did not mean any harm! Sylvie is a bit crazy ( LOL) and she is the first one to admit it and her humour is not always obvious and transparent!
So , please do not feel offended! There are lots of incredibly nice and generous people on this site who are ready to welcome you! I suggest � as you  like to write in great length and you seem to be a very learned person, you join the caf� to share your knowledge and great English! I love reading your posts and wish I could express myself like you do! So , please, don �t get offended... There �s room for all sorts on this site and �for sure, people would be sorry to see you stop participating either on the forum or the caf�! I � for one, would be very sorry!

And I would weep but I would not be alone because I have made so many good friends on this site that They would be sitting by my side! and I am sitting next to you now!Smile
Please, give us your definition of the word!

1 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Les,
Someone called me" racist " here and ...have I left the site? Have I felt offended? I told everybody I am not racist , I am really not, I know that and I don �t care who tells what (especially people who do not prove much in general) and I won �t leave the site just because someone has too much time to write on the forum. 

I just tell this because I know the people involved and they are not as you think they are. 
I don �t know you, but I know them!!! And I know for sure they didn �t mean what you implied!!! 

1 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Stern SmileWell, Les, I do feel sorry if I sounded rude!! My post was only meant to be funny - I guess it was not, reading you...I should be more careful with what I call...humour! If you knew me, you �d understand I could only be joking, as I �m a real British everything lover!!
Same with my : �Make it shorter! � comment : I just could not write this if I did believe it!One - at least I - cannot be that rude. I found your answer very funny, & teasing you was a way to say I loved reading it.
Absolutely sorry about this, & a big thank to Chris for letting me know about the misunderstanding!
Sylvie
edit : I promise I�ll never do it again! ( JokeApprove)

2 Oct 2010     

douglas
United States

I find it rather startling that someone would become upset by my WOD post.  Sorry if I offended anyone--it was not intended.

2 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2