Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Contextualised and meaningful teaching ideas about when and while    

Contextualised and meaningful teaching ideas about when and while

ctzsln
Turkey

Contextualised and meaningful teaching ideas about when and while

Hi, I need a contextualised teaching plan for past continuous tense, when and while. Contextualised teacing means integrating your subject to learners � background knowledge, their life. My lesson plan shouldn �t be a traditional lesson plan but it should be supported with visuals, stories, listening activites that are not isolated.the lesson should be in a meaningful context and comunicative. That will be a part of my MA thesis and I wanted to take your ides about this topic. How can I teach pat continuous tense, when and while to intermediate students who are 14 years old.

1 Oct 2010      

ctzsln
Turkey

Isn �t there any ideas:(

1 Oct 2010     

i_love_english
France

Hello!
I usually use murder stories and police investigation to tackle this tense.
"What were you doing when Mrs x. was murdered?"
"Well, I was watching TV"
etc...
I �m sure there are some posted here that you can download or use for inspiration.
Hope that �ll help a little.
Stephanie

1 Oct 2010