Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What format do I save powerpoint in to make them interactive???    

What format do I save powerpoint in to make them interactive???

Hazza
Australia

What format do I save powerpoint in to make them interactive???

Can anyone suggest what format I should save  powerpoints in? My powerpoints are not interactive when I download them! What should I save them as:
just as powerpoint presentation or the old version or 97-2003 or what comes up first, as template, as a show, as xml. I have so many to choose from!!!!Can anyone help please!!!

2 Oct 2010      

foreverjinxed
South Africa

What do you mean by "interactive?"
I downloaded your Halloween PPT today, and the animations seem to work fine. (still need to figure out exacly how to play the game! I �ll have to read your instructions again!)
I just open it, put it into "slideshow" mode, and click! It works!
If you are working in Office 2007, it �s good to save in 97-2003 PowerPoint Presentation format, so that people with older versions of Office can use it too.
If you are talking about interactivity involving Macros, that might be another story that I can �t help you with :(

2 Oct 2010     

Hazza
Australia

I have not made any power-points foreverjinxed???? Not game enough and also don �t have enough knowledge to create one especially the interactive type!! 

2 Oct 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

When you download a ppt from eslprintables, save it as 97-2003.

Then, if you have �Office�2007, you can save it as 2007 to reduce the size.

When you open a ppt, click on Slide Show or F5. To finish the Slide Show click on Escape.

If you still have any questions, PM me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 Oct 2010     

Hazza
Australia

Thanks so much for your reply. I will try all these things!!

2 Oct 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

Oops! sorry, Hazza, I mistook you with someone else! ^_^
Hope PPT is working for you now!

2 Oct 2010     

GinaCic
Korea, South

I had the same question as Hazza. Have been trying for ages to get the powerpoints to work. tried Lindax � suggestion and hey presto it worked !!! So simple ...feel a little foolish .
Thank you ! :)

20 Oct 2010