Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day (2)    

Word of the Day (2)

stexstme
France

Word of the Day (2)

EPANADIPLOSIS : Sentence which begins & ends with the same word.
& the winner is :

ituska
Slovakia

Hey, finally I can contribute, too... Of course I know, what it means LOL but there is a spelling mistake in the word... Shouldnt it be ESPANADIPLOSIS? Wink

Espana - Spain (obviously)
diplosis - double

So Espanadiplosis is a kind of disease... It is a complex name for extremistic spanish patriots who need to double-prove their nationality by state authorities. They usualy spend all day going from office to office and begging for another document proving they are Spanish.

Of course, there are the same patriots in every country, so there are plenty of names of such a disease, according to the nationality: e.g. Germanodiplosis, Americanodiplosis, Slovakodiplosis (this is my diagnosis Wink), etc.

Note: I DO NOT mean to offend anybody
Great definitions every one! I �m afraid I won �t be able to play next week - but keep playing!! ;o))
Have a nice week,
Sylvie

3 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

My guess... a Greek panda

3 Oct 2010