Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > How about a games section    

How about a games section

stacksy
Korea, South

How about a games section

5 Oct 2010      

stacksy
Korea, South

Sorry about that people, first suggestion I �ve ever wanted to make and made rather a mess of it, oops. Anyway, what I wanted to suggest was a games section. I know there are other sites to find games but it would be nice to have everything under one umbrella, so to speak. I was envisaging it being a free section (like the free templates) for games that do not require any materials. I know I play lots of games in class and lots of them do not require anything other than dice or such like. I would love to share them with other teachers on this site. What do you think? Can we persuade Victor?

5 Oct 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Someone made a list of great games for the classroom.
I make board games and they require just as much time to make
as any other materials.  The long list of classroom games
also took someone here a long time to make.
I agree that games in a separate category would make them easier to find -
but I don �t think they should be free.

Just my opinion.
L

5 Oct 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I agree with Libertybelle. A good game takes a long time to create, especially if you are trying to make it unique so the author deserves the points.

Stacksy, I would love a separate category for games.
I also want a separate category for songs.
And, while we are at it, how about a separate category for adult students.
And so on!!!!!

I don �t know much about web design but I imagine we are asking quite a lot of the only person who can make this site run, our Victor!

My tuppence worth, Joy

5 Oct 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Just type Game in the Search Worksheets box and you`ll get all the games available on the site. The same with songs.

The majority of worksheets and ppts have an element of game in them. If we make all of them free, the whole idea of the site will fail.

Have a great day!

5 Oct 2010     

yetigumboots
Germany

If you scroll down you will find a section for games. We did have a games club at one point but it got sort of smothered by all the comments. I wonder if we could find it again somehow. I use games all the time in my lessons so I would also be really interested in something like that.

All the best

Yeti x

5 Oct 2010     

stacksy
Korea, South

Perhaps I didn �t make myself clear. I was talking about games which do not need any materials other than an explanation of the rules. I am not suggesting that people who have took the time and effort to make a board game should not be rewarded nor people who make a long list of games. What I had in mind was a game which was related to one particular teaching point but had no materials attached to it. At the moment I have games which work well with a certain language point but I cannot share them because they do not need any specific material which I can upload. I could just upload the rules but I wouldn �t feel like I �d deserved any points for them and I would be happier to give them freely. Think more in terms of a game �template. �

Stacksy 

6 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Stacksy,
You can upload any ESL material to "tutorial section" to make it free. Tutorials  This section is free...   Game rules are sort of "tutorials" too :-)
Don �t worry, it will be highly appreciated and downloaded many times...
and if it is a collection of games rules which don �t need any materials, then it will be a great help to all teachers...
Remember, there are teachers from poor countries who don �t have much money or resources...

Share what you have and make us happy :-))

17 Oct 2010     

stacksy
Korea, South

Thanks for the advice Moravc, I will do that in the future. Big smile

20 Oct 2010