Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need to make a remedial work plan    

I need to make a remedial work plan

abaza
Qatar

I need to make a remedial work plan

Please, can anyone provide me with resources concerning remedial work plans.I �ve got some ideas but i haven �t done it before.I need a structure or a model to guide my way.    Thanks in advance.

6 Oct 2010      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Abaza,
Sorry, but do you mean a syllabus for Remdial courses?
Nebal

6 Oct 2010     

mena22
Portugal

When I make a remedial plan I always have in mind:

1- what the student doesn �t know yet that he/she should already know in terms of vocabulary and grammar topics;

2- the competences that need to be developed - reading, writing, speaking, listening;

3-  the objectives the teacher and the student agree to achieve; if there are too many, select 2 or 3 that you consider the most important to start with  (we don �t want to scare the student away!He must feel that those goals are attainable);

4- the timeframe to attain them;

5- What each of the involved parts is going to do so that he/she attains those goals: teacher (create remedial work, find an extra hour to help the student individually...), student (compromise to do his/her work...) , parents (supervise the student �s work, make sure he/she studies Xhours a day, contact the headteacher ...)

6- evaluation of the process and results every week - student and teacher.

After achieving the first 2 or 3 goals, we go on until we finish the list!

Hope I could help. I�m off to school.

Have a nice day,
mena

P.S. Hi dear Pumpkin Nebal! Smile

6 Oct 2010