Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Tips to teach bilingual student of 15     

Tips to teach bilingual student of 15

muriel12
France

Tips to teach bilingual student of 15

Hi everyone,
I need your advice to teach a bilingual girl of 15 years old. Actually, she is in a class of 35 students, most of whom are struggling with the English language, and I would like to provide her with extra work to prevent her from wasting her time. I �ve thought of asking her to read books and sum them up but I �m not sure which ones would suit a bilingual 15 years old. Have you got any ideas? Otherwise, which activities or websites would you recommend me, considering I already teach about 200 students in 8 different classes and I don �t have much time left to prepare extra activities for that student?
Thanks for your help
Muriel

6 Oct 2010      

perma
Greece

hi!
my experience with some bilingual students i had was that although they knew of course English, which means they spoke fluently and could read and understand almost anything,  they made a lot of grammar mistakes, particularly in written speech. 
An idea would be to give her advanced grammar tasks and occasionaly past papers for an advanced certificate (Proficiency probably) 
Another one to give her reading material as you said. Could be short stories or interesting articles.
Occasionally you can ask her mark homework from your other classes
LoL!!!!

6 Oct 2010     

muriel12
France

Thanks a lot for your reply!

6 Oct 2010