Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Registration Notice    

Registration Notice

tastybrain
Taiwan

Registration Notice

Hey there. It �s very often that while perusing the recent contributions that I click on a worksheet to download and I get the sign-in/registration page. My cookies have already filled in my username and password for me and I click the "Remember Me" box (again).  Okay. So I �ve timed out. I get it.

Two questions:

1). Why does it not redirect me back to the page I was last on? I really wouldn �t mind it if it just directed me back to that WS, but it doesn �t. Instead, you get sent to the home page. It �s really annoying to surf back to the exact WS I was on especially if my connection is running slow.

2). Why doesn �t the "Remember Me" function work to prevent such time-outs?

3). (Sorry, I can �t count! ;) ) How does the time-out take/how does it work?/what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks!

6 Oct 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

i don �t have that problem at all, i �m always logged in... in the morning when I open fiirefox and click on the "new contributions" button in the toolbar I don �t need to log in, same thing when the page stays open for hours on my computer... I only have to log in when I access eslp from a computer that �s not mine!
have you tried allowing your browser (internet explorer or firefox) to save your password?
hope it helps!

6 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Tastybrain

Infact that seems a Burnbrain.
It doesn �t happen to me. When I download a printable it opens in a nother wind, so, after downloading it, I just closed that new window and I �m back again, exactly where I was before starting the download.
It �s strange, but I am not an expert, let �s wait for some Brilliantbrains, ok?

Good luck
Linda

6 Oct 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi
I don �t have the problem you have.
Could it have anything to do with your cookie settings?

6 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi! The same happened to me a few days ago Geek...Can �t really help!!I thought it had to do with Victor ...fixing...thingies ( as with the comments )Wink
( To linda : Brilliantbrain.)

6 Oct 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

Thanks for the suggestions and comments all.

I use firefox and it still happens on my computer at home.

I do the same thing Olindalima (open in a new window) but when you do a specific word search links don �t open in a new window.

Cookie settings? I doubt it since my cookies work to put in my username and password when the page comes up. Curious why it should ask to remember me though.

6 Oct 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

I use Google Chrome, It is works much faster than any other browser I �ve tried before and has a very handy "Keep you logged in" feature built into it. You should check it out and see if you still have the same problem.

7 Oct 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

Thanks, Homeless, but I abhor Chrome. I guess I �ll just have to live with it.

7 Oct 2010