Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is the mistake?    

What is the mistake?

lizamuni
Argentina

What is the mistake?

Dear teachers
I downloaded a serie of ws "Find the mistake 1" and so on, but there is no answer key and I can�t find the mistake in this sentence:

"I do not understand what is he talking about."

Is it a "word order" mistake in the words "is" and "he"?
Can you tell me? If so, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!!!

7 Oct 2010      

teacher jessie
Argentina

Yes, you �re right. "I do not understand what he is talking about".
This is an embedded question, i.e a question within a sentence form.

7 Oct 2010     

Errie
Japan

Hi,

There �s indeed a � �word order � � mistake if you read it the way you do. But if you place a comma behind � �understand � � and a questionmark at the end of the sentence it will make sense.

I do not understand, what is he talking about?

I don �t understand what he is talking about

7 Oct 2010     

lizamuni
Argentina

Thanks  teacher jessie and Errie!

I owe one to you!!!!

7 Oct 2010     

catcat
Hong Kong

Dear teacher,

I am new again recently to this website and I would like to send the message to the site manager Victor.  I am sorry I use your message board because I don �t know his user name.  Could you help pass the message on?  Sorry about making intrusion here.  Really sorry but wish you could be of help!

catcat

Dear Victor,
I registered in the site two years ago and had earned some points by uploading some materials.  I forgot my password recently and your site sent me back my password last week with with the old username and old password- so nothing has changed.  However, I discovered that my foreword of introducing myself is still there but my worksheets and ppt files were gone and there is zero download points.  I wonder why this happens?

I know your sites keep worksheets for as long as two to three years long at least I really want to know what has happened to my account.

Thanks!

catcat

7 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@catcat
The wss stay here as long as we wish if they are not copies. So if your wss have gone, they were probably copied from other sites, therefore removed.

7 Oct 2010