Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Enrichment of the school English program    

Enrichment of the school English program

Aimee/S.
Israel

Enrichment of the school English program

Good evening,
I �d like to tell you about a project my colleague and I are developing these days to enrich our pupils � acquisition of the English language.
We thought that it would be a good idea to motivate them with extra work at home, so we �ve prepared (and are still preparing...) small files with worksheets (some from ESL Printables!), projects and activities. The kids are meant to purchase the files (about 1/2 a euro ... to cover the photocopying expenses...) and work at their own pace at home. For every finished project they will get a certain amount of stickers. Upon completing their project, they will get an award from the headmistress and a gift from their parents (parents have received a letter about the project). Some kids can choose other projects, such as purchasing an exercise book in a bookshop and working on it, or read a book and write a book report.

So far the 5th graders have received a "numbers and colors" file and the 6th graders short stories with questions and a project.  

It �s the very first time we �re trying such a project and we hope it will work - we hope that some of the kids will really take an interest in it!

If you �ve tried something similar at your school, I �d be very happy to hear about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post
Aimee

10 Oct 2010      

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Aimee. I �d like to thank you a lot for sharing such brilliant ideas with us. I do also congratulate you for your great project.

We did something but a little bit different, We asked students to prepare their own projects ( writing, games, quastionnaires....)  the whole projects were edited by teachers and  printed in English school magazine. It becomes annual. This makes a huge number  of students motivated simply because  they want to see their work with their pictures pubished in the  school magazine. That � all .

Wish you the best of luck.
Ps ( Glad to see you back with your enthusiasm).
Yours Mabdel.

10 Oct 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

AIMEE thats a good idea i am making the same with my kindergarten student but i have to tell you that since you mention some of them are from esl printables and you are going to be charging your students you have to ask the members from which you took the ws. remember that there is copyright issue involved. other than that i wish you luck.

10 Oct 2010