Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Individual Curricular Adaptations--Students with special needs    

Individual Curricular Adaptations--Students with special needs

MsPoppins
Spain

Individual Curricular Adaptations--Students with special needs

Dear All,

Two of my students need the curriculum to be adapted because their English level is quite low.

The students are in their first year of Secondary Education. However, their English level, due to several circumstances is really poor. Consequently, I would like them to take a test that could show me their approximate level.  Then, I will have to prepare an individual adaptation for each student. In Spain we call this type of adaptation ACI(Adaptacion Curricular Individual). I think it can be translated as Special Educational Needs.

The guidance counsellor in my highschool has tests for maths and Spanish language, but not for English, so she cannot help me.

I have never taught English at Primary levels, so I´m lost.
Can anyone help me with links, ideas, suggestions on how to do it...?

Thanks indeed!!
MsPoppinsSmile

11 Oct 2010      

epit
Turkey

Hi Ms poppins we have  several of that type kids every year and really are difficult to spare time .There is no a standart type program for them Cause you must make very simple teaching  schedule by learning their needs .Maybe their parents give cluesabout them .Last year I prepared a programme  for such kind of kid and it was including very simple topic like saying his or her own names ,age, family member names ,phone number ,adress jobs , animal names But my kid couldn �t learn even this limited topic exactly  or I couldn �t teach her cause we had no time  But your pupil can be different  you must get know him firstly .Hugs .

11 Oct 2010     

MsPoppins
Spain

Dear epit,

thanks a lot for your answer. I was thinking of getting to know the student �s knowledge through a test. That �s why I was asking for help since I haven �t got any and I don �t know where to look for them.

Thanks again.
MsPoppinsSmile

12 Oct 2010