Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I ´m doing a project and I REALLY need you help... ;)    

I ´m doing a project and I REALLY need you help... ;)

wakebeauty
Brazil

I ´m doing a project and I REALLY need you help... ;)

Hello my dear ESLp colleagues,

I �m doing a project called WHERE IS THE LOVE? It has the same name of the song it was based on by the group BLACK EYED PEAS. This great song has a lof of social themes and first we reflected about them, then my students did a lof of posters and we had good discussions  about these great themes and many others that the students brought up...

Then I asked them what we could do to show our love and also do something that could change our community in some way. So they had the brilliant idea of doing a charity bazaar. So I told them about the American Garage Sale and we did the bazaar last Saturday. We went to a poor community in our city, together with the Mackenzie project (Mackenzie is a Presbiteriam College that does some great social projects every year) the bazaar was a great success and all the money we got on it, we are going to donate to an orphanage.

Now, to culminate this project, I �m going to do a cultural quiz based on the film Slumdog Millionaire. The 5th grades students are going to answer questions about the English culture, politics, turist attractions, etc and the 1st years are going to answer questions about the USA. 
So, my dear colleagues, I �d like to know if you could send me any picture of England and the USA, as well as some facts, speacially the general ones. 
I �d also appreciate to receive some quizzes on these subject, for I �ll have to prepare a lot of questions and I don �t have all that time because I work in the morning, aftrnoon and evening. 
The quiz is going to be like that: all the students are going to receive three cards of different collors and then they see the question and three answers in the colors of the cards they received, then they raise the card with the same color of the answer they think is the correct one, the ones who are continue in the quiz, the others, have to give their cards to the people who wil be helping me... The pics below can be an example. It was a quiz did during the World Cup about the world cup ;)

Hope you can help me because I really need it... THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!

MY Skype: wakebeauty
E-mail: [email protected] (done for its purpose)

12 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

It sounds like you are doing a great job! Hello.. If you are doing a unit on onSlumdog Millionaire, why don �t you have a Who Wants to be a Millionaire game about India or the USA? Google Who wants to be a Millionaire PPT and you should be able to get many. They are easy to adapt. Hope this helps. Ed

12 Oct 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Your project is wonderful and this is so significant, I am amazed about what you did and as I see you teach in a public school as me. You got them so involved in a social project and also learning English, I want to congrat you because I know that most of these students come from slums or very poor place. Here in Brazil there are a lot of people that don�t believe in their students and think that they can�t learn it , you must know as me about our education problems. I am sure that the b est part you did, now is the quiz,well I am going to save your e-mail because if found something I can send you. BRAZILHeart

12 Oct 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR TERRIFIC JOB!!!!
BIG HUG!

12 Oct 2010     

serene
Greece

Congratulations on the great job you are doing!!

Have you checked the quizes here?

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=USA+quiz&username=&B1=Search#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=UK+quiz&username=&B1=Search#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=Britain+quiz&username=&B1=Search#thetop

Also

http://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?q=Usa+general+knowledge+quiz&ctid=CT2215634&octid=CT2215634&SearchSource=1

12 Oct 2010