Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > ESLPRINTABLES COMPETITION    

ESLPRINTABLES COMPETITION

stexstme
France

4/ Number of posts on the Forum ????
Hi Chris!Wink

12 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

what �s a good worksheet?
how would you judge it?
how could a teacher who teaches very advanced adult students judge a worksheet for three-year-olds, and vice versa?

I rarely even look at the worksheets with hundreds of downloads because they just are not my taste at all. People don �t get too hot on my worksheets which took a lot of time to make and correspond to my taste.
Some like it colourful, some sober
some like games, some prefer facts and nothing but facts
some like it crammed, some like some more space on the worksheets
so who will be able to say which ws is best?

the number of downloads is definitely not a criterion for quality

12 Oct 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

5/ ONCE I CAUGHT A FISH ALIVE!!!
REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

12 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

This kind of idea has been brought up before and I still think it �s complete nonsense, sorry! Thumbs Down Thank you, elderberrywine, for having given all the reasons I can think of... Clap

12 Oct 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

We all have different needs, so it would be difficult to compete for "best" handout. I teach a mixed-language low beginning class for adults at a community college in the USA. We test with the CASAS, so I need adult-oriented, practical work, like my "Who Gets the Job?" handout (plug inserted here). For my class, this is an excellent exercise and unlike anything I �ve ever seen before anywhere.

However, it �s a horrible handout for someone teaching seven-year-olds in Brazil or Japan. "Who Gets the Job?" requires higher-level critical thinking than children have, its topic is not useful for children, and it would bore children to sleep. "Who Gets the Job?" is also not colorful or particularly visually engaging.

So what would the criteria for "Best Handout" be? Most generally useful, prettiest, most original, clearest, best-edited? The users at ESLPrintables.com already vote by downloading. Some of the handouts with many downloads are great, but not useful to me. I �m with elderberrywine on this as well.

12 Oct 2010     

melahel7
Canada

Waste of time.  Don �t we have enough problems on this website do deal with already?

12 Oct 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

What is with this need for competition? What does it add to our work? would we create better work if it was entering a competition? I surely hope not, I hope we already upload the work we thought best suited our students � needs. I don �t think the idea should be to upload something most people might like since that might not at all be what our students need at any given moment. I hope we don �t create worksheets for the site, or to get points, I hope we create worksheets to help our students in their process of learning a language. IMHO a worksheet shouldn �t be created to become a hit or to win a prize on ESLp, it should prove its worth before it gets uploaded here, in our own classes. If a sheet helped my students, it is a winner, even if only a few people here find it useful...

12 Oct 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I agree that competition on the site is not a good idea, though I have used competition between my students, which has improved their grades. 
Here it is all about sharing.  Improving our students minds and teaching them English.

Hugs from Israel

Judy

12 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2