Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > "Word of the Day", Wednesday, 2nd Shift: Sgiomlaireached    

"Word of the Day", Wednesday, 2nd Shift: Sgiomlaireached

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"Word of the Day", Wednesday, 2nd Shift: Sgiomlaireached

Once again, thank you!

Today�s �Word of the Day� is:

Sgiomlaireached = SGIOMLAIREACHED

We have had several crazy suggestions, so far.  You can see previous entries, here:

Remember, NO DICTIONARIES, and NO INTERNET.

We want witty, humourous or even silly definitions, please.

The baton will be passed around the world to the person with the funniest description!

The Winner will be announced after MIDNIGHT, Spanish time!

Good Luck!

Les

13 Oct 2010      

joserik
Spain

It is used when someone has so many aches that he/she can �t even pronounce the name of the illness well... Dead

13 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

" SGIOMLAIREACHED! "
This is my father �s excalamation when he climbed up the high Romanian mountain - when he reached the top of the mountain, he was out of breath, you know...
So the right sentence would be: "Sgiomla is reached!"
Wink
By the way - " SGIOMLAIREACHED! " can be used as an exclamation with the meaning: "I have done it!"

13 Oct 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

At last! After all those fancy Greek and Latinate words, we �ve got the real language of Eden: the Gaelic, no less. 

Sgiomlaireachd: pronounced scum-leerie, the word entered the English language via those highlanders who, over the centuries, migrated to Glasgow and carried on a mutual love-hate relationship with their lowland hosts. A gaelicised Lallans term, it refers to an attitude of wariness (being �leery �) toward someone who purports to be your friend but in all likelihood would just as soon cut your throat and ransack your sporran (a �scumbag �).

So, an adjective meaning �suspicious of people who hang around railway stations �.

13 Oct 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Almaz!

13 Oct 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Geez.....

All i know is a liar reached something....
I �m so...Cartoon of a Man with His Tongue Tied clipart

13 Oct 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

hey greek thats a watermark clipart your comment is going to be reported and removed  Wink

14 Oct 2010