Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > A reported worksheet (of my own)    

A reported worksheet (of my own)

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

A reported worksheet (of my own)

Dear all,

my name is Roman Svozilek and I have been a member of this wonderful site for a long time now.

About a year ago, someone reported a few of my worksheets as stolen, even though they were my own work. I also publish on a Czech website www.helpforenglish.cz and I have materials there as well.

I even wrote to Victor and on this forum. We kind of dealt with it and I was recommended to mention the fact about contributing to the Czech site in my profile and also next to the worksheets.

For almost a year everything was fine. However, yeasterday I uploaded another worksheet (a test focused on vocabulary connected with WINE) and it got reported. What is more, a few minutes ago I got a message that it has been removed and if I continue stealing, my profile will be deleted as well.

I can hardly decribe my frustration. What else can I do to share my materials with people on the Czech site and with people here?

I hereby ask for reconsideration and also for help, because I honestly don �t know what else to do...

Thank you for reading this and helping me.

Roman Svozilek

19 Oct 2010      

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

The worksheet in question was this one:

http://www.helpforenglish.cz/slovni-zasoba/vyznam-slov/c2010101701-WINE--test-.html

number 461740

And I would like to point out that every single worksheet I have here is also available on  www.helpforenglish.cz

19 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Roman,
If I �m not mistaken, I saw your ws early this morning & people kept saying it was yours - & that the ws shouldn �t be deleted...I think it is a mistake! Maybe you could pm Victor about this special case ???
I �m sure some people here will be more helpful - Don �t worry ;o)) 
Sylvie
I�ve just pmed you..

19 Oct 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

Well, thank you, but I got a clear message that it HAS BEEN deleted.

And I am writing all this partly because I seriously need help. I do not want to go through this every time I upload something...

And it seems that i am the only one with such a problem. And yes, I do not contribute  here often enough, but it is basically because my materials are in Czech very often, but if I can use something internationally, I do.

This is probably the reason people �forget � about me and my �problems � and after a few months the commotion will start again...

19 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

You �re not the only one, Roman... There �s a member here who has problems with people stealing her work ( irregular verbs ) & uploading her ws on different sites...
Even if it says your ws has been deleted, it can still be a mistake...

19 Oct 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Roman.
As far as what I saw many moderators voted for them to stay. and there were comments under which clarified that it was reported by mistake and it had to stay. What happened next is ??????
Anyway Am sure that Victor is going to fix your problem.
Wish you all the best of luck.

19 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Roman,
I got your PM right now. I am really ANGRY Angry because your ws was removed despite of several comments about NOT REMOVING.  And now I can see there must be moderators who DON �T read comments and VOTED for removal, which was AGAINST the rules in this case!!! I believe those people should reconsider their attitude towards moderating! Especially when the comment about mistaken report appeared immediately after it was reported!

I can advise you to send a PM to Victor because he will return your ws back as soon as he will be on. And you should also send him a link to this thread so he can see your ws was removed unfairly!

Good luck, Michaela

19 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I do remember your ws, dear Roman! The moderator who reported it wrote underneath their report that they made a mistake, because at first (s)he didn �t notice that www.helpforenglish.cz is your own website... That �s why I voted for your ws to stay, of course.

However, there seem to be some moderators who haven �t read that statement in question - as MJ pointed out already. I �m also quite irritated about this fact!

I agree with MJ_Misa: you should really send Victor a PM in order to ensure that your ws will be restored soon.

I �m extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope that this issue can be solved to your entire satisfaction!!

Best wishes - Silke

19 Oct 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Hello, everybody,

as Roman knows I am the one who is responsible for this mess. I mistakenly reported this WS because I did not check the www.helpforenglish.cz correctly. When I found out it was too late. I was not a member of ESLP when this matter was dealt here one year ago, which, of course, is not an excuse.  I know that I made a mistake but I hoped the moderators would notice it after leaving a comment. The way it developed makes me feel really bad.

I am afraid there is not much I can do to fix it. A few hours ago I sent an email to Victor trying to explain the situation for him to solve it accordingly. I am writing this for Victor to read my message of the mistaken reporter in again in this thread. Unfortunately there is not much that I can do now, just sincerely apologize and ask Roman not to take a dislike to ESLP.

Mish.cz

19 Oct 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

Dear all,

thank you all for support. Apparently there are moderators who do not read their messages and comments properly. What can I say...

I know it must be hell of a job to do something like that, but it still leaves me extremely frustrated, simply because I have to go through it on and on again...

Anyway, there were two worksheets of mine reported, but only one of them deleted so far. Since it is a new one, I will simply upload it again (and hope it will not get reported this time), as Misa wisely advised me to do.

As for the other worksheets I do hope that they will not get deleted... And I am really sorry for this commotion, but it is simply the only way I can attract your attention and hopefully one of the reasons moderators (at least most of them) will remember that I also publish things somewhere else. And to make things crystal clear, www.helpforenglish.cz is not my site, I should not get this credit. I just contribute there :-)

Thank you all again for support and I will reupload the one worksheet now and will not bother Victor with it. (unless, it is, my other worsheets are deleted, which will hopefully not happen).

Roman Svozilek

19 Oct 2010     

emaflor
Costa Rica

I have a problem similar to this one, because there are moderators that are reporting my wrks, and I don �t understand why, I have those ws for a year ago so the new rules aren`t for my ws. Why? I don �t understand why are you people re removing my works?... Need an explanation.

22 Nov 2010