Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > If you know the name of the food or something seemed, please help me!!    

If you know the name of the food or something seemed, please help me!!

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Here I am again. Not truffle either. To prepare truffles you need whipping cream. No cream for brigadeiro.
Guys, I insist because Flora is Brazilian just like me and I �m used to students asking me every semester about these dishes.

25 Oct 2010     

Zora
Canada

Truffle recipe -doesn �t need cream...

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easy-decadent-truffles/Detail.aspx

25 Oct 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

It says cream cheese in the recipe you linked.

25 Oct 2010     

kaz76
United Kingdom

The truffles you buy from the baker �s don �t have whipping cream in them - children often make these at home or are a favourite at the cake stall at fayres.  They are made from crushed up biscuits, chocolate, butter and icing sugar and then you can roll them in coconut, cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles.

25 Oct 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Check them out. These are truffles:

25 Oct 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

Love that story Cristiane!  And yes...traditional food does not have traslation...it �s like trying to traslate tacos! Which are delicious! But called tacos all around...right???

25 Oct 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

People, we �re not talking about the same thing, lol. There �s no biscuit neither cream on "brigadeiro". I �m sure truffles look just the same, but as I said, Flora is Brazilian and I �m sure what she is asking about. Children alo do brigadeiro by themselves here. You need a can of condensed millk, chocolate powder,  2 spoons butter and that �s it!

25 Oct 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Guess I �m obsessed about food. LOL. Try to translate
tacos (as kprichorniana said), sashimi, spagetti, kebab, feijoada.

Also, please!!!!

Type

truffles and brigadeiro on Google images.

Kisses....

25 Oct 2010     

martatp12
Spain

Truffles can have a different looking depending on what you use to cover them (chocolate noodles, grated chocolate, etc...) so you both are right!!They are so delicious!!! Yummy!!

25 Oct 2010     

Sara26
Brazil

Cristiane, could you please stop posting the photos of these delicious brigadeiros and truffles?! LOLI �m crazy about them!! Oh my, just had "one" brigadeiro for dessert today (you know, too many caloriesCry) ... Completely agree with you: no translation for them ... Hugs!

25 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >