Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just wandering???    

Just wandering???

blizzard1
Denmark

Just wandering???

Do you guys consider frames or clip art as esl worksheets?  

What do you think?

3 Dec 2008      

Mulle
Denmark

I think we have to think twice before we send our worksheets off. There are too many here every day to look through. In my eyes frames and clipart do not belong here.

3 Dec 2008     

Nelssa
Ukraine

Teachers are known to be very busy persons. A lot of different things to do, you know� Their precious time may be saved in various ways; ready at hand frames seem to be one of them! That is why this stuff may exist on this site. IMHO.

4 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

I don�t consider clipart as a worksheet.
I think it�s a help, though for teachers to make worksheets, though.
But a worksheet is often a hand-out for kids to play, read or work with.

That�s my opinion.
L

4 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Just Wondering....

Frames and clipart are not ESL materials until you attach a teaching idea.

Some people have uploaded a picture and then put specific instructions for teaching ideas with the picture that many people would not have thought of - this adds value.

Other people decorate their ESL work with clipart and frames.

If you have a wonderful picture or frame or website with these - how about giving us the link in the forum or posting the picture in the forum.

You know you would surprised at how many people check out the worksheets of people who talk on the forum.

If i don�t recognise someones name then I will check their contributions if I think they have added something of value to a discussion.  In this way I can download peoples worksheets and help them get to 30 points when they are genuine contributors.

4 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

I was "wandering" last night while "wondering" about frames and clip art.

There are so many contributions every day that it is time-consuming to go through all the daily uploaded wss.
Wouldn�t be better to have a section with links to frames and wss?

I�m sure we all overlook wss with a high quality content but without a colorful layout.

4 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I have no problem with borders or clipart but they should be listed/displayed separately from the worksheets you can actually "work-on".  There are a lot of new entries every day (and I am only interested in work sheets,  if I want a frame or picture I can find it myself.)   If the frames and clipart came up separately there would be less to sift through. 

Am I being "bad"  if I say that I think that a clipart of a shoe with the word shoe underneath it shouldn�t be worth the same amount of points as an actual "work" worksheet?   It�s not exactly a difficult task to choose a picture from one of the clipart sites and stick a word underneath it.  (It�s an easy and fast way to gain points.) 
By the way some of  the clipart is stolen because it has a message through it.  Have you ever discussed clipart that hasn�t been paid for?

4 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I think you have touched on a verey interesting debate. �Although the work put into a worksheet is much less with a simple clip art and word (although credit, where crdiet is due, I did see a number of these that were obviously hand drawn by the user, so probably more work and creativity than most). �The point is that worksheets should be correctly commented, if it�s just a flashcard, OK. �It�s useful, I can use it. �If it�s a reading exercise with questions, great I can use it. �If it�s a frame, hey I can use that too. �Maybe it�s not as good as the others but someone must find it useful otherwise these "worksheet" would all have 0 downloads. �Teaching material can be complete work or bits that you can use to make work. �Sometimes these bits are more useful because they can be used over and over again, but a complete worsheet can only be used once.

5 Dec 2008