Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > short videos / stories    

short videos / stories

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

short videos / stories

Hi there,

I want to get your experience when playing short videos / stories in your English classes. I hardly ever play videos as a way of learning, I think it is a good way though. I �m not keen on tech and after a 5 minutes search I get frustated cos I don �t find anything that is worth. Next Monday I am on holidays so I will take my time to write in the search engine of this webpage the word "video" and have a look at all the stuff in detail. However, I would like to know till what extent do you use short videos / stories in your classes and which ones have worked more successfuly in your students. My students are aged from 10 till 28. Thanks in advance.

29 Oct 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

This is a very useful site

http://www.travelbtm.com/apps/videos/channels/show/447948-our-world-in-movies- (the link leads directly to a certain page on the site, but check the menu - lots of useful lessons, brief videos to accompany your lesson materials). I like to use videos as much as I can, but not for every lesson. I rarely base my lesson on a video - I usually search for a ppt or video which suits the topic I �m covering, so it �s in the service of the lesson, not the other way round. It �s particularly useful for double lessons(90 mins) because it sort of breaks up the routine and feels like a short break from the lesson, yet it �s useful, especially if used with a task (either writing, or listening, or a discussion). There �s also lots of useful stuff on youtube, but do be selective, because it �s a mess out there if you �re not careful. I find videos motivating, inspiring, but - as with everything else- prepare well and make sure you know the aim of your lesson.

30 Oct 2010