Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > evaluating and performance for businees students!    

evaluating and performance for businees students!

Redbull
Thailand

evaluating and performance for businees students!

Hi all members,

Please may I ask for  � �ALL � � members help in finding written examples, or samples of students performances and evaluations.

I tried doing the normal website searching and looking on ESL sites but come up with nothing from a website or Esl websites.

Here is an example of what I �m looking for:

(1) MR. Joe Blogs: Is an enthusiastic student who is enjoying the learning process. He is improving in general class activities however I feel he could have prepared better for the test. 

(2) MR. Joe Blogs: Seems to be absorbing all the material and does well in role-plays. He concentrates in class and shows that he understands the material. Now he needs to be more confident and not be afraid to use his ability. 

(3)  Miss. Joe Blogs: Is a keen student who takes an active role in class exercises. She works hard to improve her English and has a solid base for this level but is tentative to give answers or speak up in class. 

I could come up with new idears & thoughts about what to write in the evaluating and performance in my student sheet, But this way would save me lots of time in thinking on such examples.

Therefore, could I please ask all of you to help me with my problem and will help back in uploading a worksheet for this subject as we don �t have one or can �t find one on ESLPRINTABLES. OR WEBSITES

(LOOK FORWARD TO ANY REPLYS)

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink

30 Oct 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

I have some really good report comments in a file for all areas and levels of English from when I taught in London. I will find them and post a link to my mediafile account later today. I have a student about to arrive and won �t be finished for a couple of hours. Will post back later on :-)

They are not for business students but will be able to be modified to suit your needs no problem.

30 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Here is something I used last year when I had to evaluate a group of business English students myself:

Evaluation for Speech Practice

Physical Performance
body language, eye contact etc.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Pronunciation and Intonation

Clarity of Expression

Speed of Delivery

too slow

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

too fast

Grammatical Accuracy

Score out of 50   ___________ (the teacher has to circle the appropriate digits above)

Other Remarks

Diligent scholar, quick on the uptake, tries hard to improve his English. Very fluent speaker. Can easily keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments. Is able to understand texts from a wide variety of sources and can  also understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing. Can easily take part in a discussion about a difficult subject. Is able to produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions, presenting arguments and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.

Is definitely able to take part in a discussion about a complicated subject. Fluent speaker. Can understand texts from a wide variety of sources. Should work on a few grammar problems. Can easily take part in a discussion about a simple subject. Is able to write letters on familiar subjects and can produce clear writing, expressing opinions and presenting arguments.

I can �t remember where I got all that from, however, I �m pretty sure that I copied it from some website(s) and then adapted it according to my needs.

REDBULL is bad for your stomach you know!! Wink

30 Oct 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

As promised a link to my files :-)

http://www.mediafire.com/?78fbhbxkc2qol

Remember if you use any of these comments to MODIFY them to suit your student that you are talking about. Make sure that it doesn �t say HE if it is a SHE etc!

For me, these comments gave me a starting point to be able to add more from.
Roch

30 Oct 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Thanks a million ,the two of you are stars ***

have sent you pm �s

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

Adrian.

30 Oct 2010     

isa2
Austria

@ Lina Ladybird & cheezels:

THANK you very much for the links and your ideas. They are useful to me too.

Best regards

31 Oct 2010