Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Want to learn a new dance for your students?    

Want to learn a new dance for your students?

arielmlee
Malaysia

Want to learn a new dance for your students?

Dear friends,

I have made a few dances for my students. You can check out my blog (on the left side there is a video clip_click on which one u want to watch) to learn the steps. The dance is easy to learn and very catchy. I hope you all will enjoy it. (I cheoreography most of the dance)

1) Rock around the clock
(practice time, clock)
**Twist**popular song in the 1950 �s

2) Macarena
(practice numbers from 1-16)
**popular dance during 1995-1996**

3) Penguin Dance
(practice left, right, go, turn around)
**cute song**

4) Fast Food Song
(practice fast food such as KFC, McDonald, Pizza Hut)
** one of my fav dance

5) Shalala la la long
(allow ss to practice party, long, up and down, move it all around)
**catchy fast song to hype up ur kids)

This is my blog...

With best wishes
Ariel M.Lee

1 Nov 2010      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Thanks ARiel.

I will listen to the songs.  The children will be making the dance up themselves.  I am just after the song - and your ones look like they just might be the ticket.  They actually reminded me of an old favourite - rockin robin!

Thanks heaps!!!!
Vicki

1 Nov 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Ariel M. Lee and Vicki, thanks for starting these threads about songs and dances today Smile. I appreciate the ideas! Sometimes, I �m shy about starting silly dances with little kids... Embarrassed It will be easier now, because we �ve got instructions.

1 Nov 2010     

arielmlee
Malaysia

Dear Hieu_ngoc,

Yes, sometimes we tend to get shy when we dance. Wink But I am glad it is getting a little easier. I am still trying to make new dances that relate to English topics. I think it is fun to dance with kids. Plus some dances are also related to culture differences. When I taught my students "Rock around the clock" it took them back to the 50 �s. Plus, it is a good warmup for them. We don �t want sleepy heads in class right? hehe..

Anyhow, glad we were all able to connect and share ideas together. What an amazing place this is.

With Best Wishes
Ariel M.Lee
***just call me Ariel is ok....:P

1 Nov 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Ariel, Your blog:
is now in My Favorites Bookmarks Thumbs Up. BTW, it must have been a fantastic Halloween party! The food looks tempting and the costumes look amazing! Smile

-Hieu

1 Nov 2010     

arielmlee
Malaysia

Dear Hieu,

Thanks for adding my blog to ur favorites. :D I am glad u like it. Yes, the Halloween party was great. There were about 60 kids...(**not including their parents--who hang around too_@.@! yikes) Believe it or not, they ate everything. (nothing left) In the end, I have to have my dinner outside. LOL...

Overall I had a wonderful time with them. I had face painting which they enjoyed...but I can �t draw on 60 faces in a short time. I only got one hand that can draw. ahaha...anyway it was great to knw u here. Keep in touch yea?

1 Nov 2010     

Sara26
Brazil

Hii Ariel!

Your blog is just great !! I love the songs, the dances, the kids (sooo cute!!).
And your halloween pics are very nice (especially the food ... LOL)
Congrats !!

I�ll put a link of your thread in the cafe, so the teachers from the cafe gang can also visit it, ok?

Hugs!

1 Nov 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Dear Ariel,

Once more congrats for you great job! You are an AWESOME TEACHER! 
I couldn �t see the videos Cry It doesn �t load on my pc or maybe it is my net connection, the fact is that I never can see your entire blog, I mean the pics and  the vids. I don �t know what the problem is. Don �t you have them on Youtube, maybe it would be easier.???? 

XOXO

1 Nov 2010     

mmbermejo
Spain

A very original way to teach and learn many things. Thanks!

1 Nov 2010     

adria7
Poland

unfortuately I have also some problems with loading your videos :(

1 Nov 2010     

arielmlee
Malaysia

Dear Sara,

I am glad u like it. Sure..you can put the link on the teacher �s forum. Yes, the kids are so adorable. I still have more pictures but it is in the other computer. Later I will put up some face painting pictures of the kids. LOL...

I am so happy u like the food. As u knw, kids love to eat beautiful looking food. Haha...so I try to make it look as beautiful as possible.

Dear wakebeauty

I am sorry u can �t watch the video on my blog. Probably it �s the connection. I will try to upload to youtune..but frankly speaking, Chinese govt ban youtube and facebook. So we can �t get in. However I have a program where I can get into it but it might be slow. I will try ok? Keep trying to watch the video...it seems Sara could see it....anyway good luck. :D By the way, YOu are an AWESOME and GREAT teacher too.

mmbermejo --> thank you for the lovely compliments. I try to be as original as possible. BUt I learn alot from everyone in this ESL community. Thank you.

adria--> I am sorry you can watch it.

2 Nov 2010