Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD Winner    

WOD Winner

edrodmedina
United States

WOD Winner

The winner of today�s WOD is non-other than Vickiii   not necessarily  for the wittiest but certainly for  the most disgusting. Congratulations you will be mailed virtual prize provided by elderberrywine (please wait 4-6 weeks, longer if you live in New Zealand).

The following is the winning entry:

WEll a logie is a word for a really disgusting thing that comes up your throat from your nose when you make that gross noise.
So an Alogotrophy must be the trophy you get for doing something super disgusting that makes everyone either laugh their head off or be totally disgusted

The following is the actual definition:

AL �OGOTROPHY, n. [Gr. unreasonable and nutrition.]
A disproportionate nutrition of the parts of the body, as when one part receives more or less nourishment and growth than another.

Popeye and his forearms come to mind. Let the games continue.

2 Nov 2010      

Lidiana73
Australia

Just thought I would add my two cents.  In Australia a Logie is actually an Australian TV award! It is voted by people within the television industry and the general public through a magazine dedicated to all things Television.  It is a mixture of the Emmys and the People �s Choice awards.  They were named after John Logie Baird the Scottish man who invented the television.  So the word logie also has a different meaning to Australians! Do I get a prize as well???Wink

2 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

For those wondering what we are talking about, in the USA we spell it "loogie", as in "hock a loogie".

2 Nov 2010