Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD    

WOD

Vickiii
New Zealand

WOD

Word of the Day
Tag I became �IT � because it was the grossest answer!  I thought it was witty and showed a thorough understanding of english slang!  Oh well my turn.

Tongue<wondering if anyone taught their students what a logie was today??!>

"You know the rules of the competition. Don�t look it up, don�t google it, and if you know what it means, either keep your knowledge to yourself or join in the creative, crazy definition game forgetting the real meaning of the word. The rule is that the winner is declared at midnight Spanish time."

The new Word of the Day is:  VOMITORY

Off to find out what time is Spanish time midnight and wondering if I will be awake at this time..... probably not but will post answer near around Spanish time as makes sense for me!

2 Nov 2010      

cauffeepot
Benin

that �s so easy--it �s a frat house after a keg party.

2 Nov 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

LOL!!! No one can do better than that!!! Awesome!

2 Nov 2010     

Apodo
Australia

My vote goes for cauffee �s answer!

But of course this word can also be used to describe an obnoxious member of the conservative party.

2 Nov 2010     

nombasa
South Africa

I am sorry to disagree, but I know what a vomitory is for a fact.  Our school has a hostel for those who live too far away to travel or for those whose parents want their children to have extra tuition and supervision.  We have a vomitory for when tummy bugs do their rounds. So it is a dormitory for sick school children. 

2 Nov 2010     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Lol - love the Frathouse one - but I bet someone can top it!

2 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

What I think anytime I see Tori Spelling: vomit, Tori

2 Nov 2010     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

my vote goes for cauffeepot!!!!! 

2 Nov 2010     

dreutz
Romania

LOL cauffeepot! Anw...

Vo-my-tory - abreviation of vote for my Torrie

2 Nov 2010     

Sorcha
Portugal

VOM: volt-ohm-milliameter
I: I (a student)
-TORY: noun suffix

So, here it goes... a school subject in which one learns how to use this tool!

Have a nice day!
Sorcha

2 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Vickiii went from snot to vomit...jeez... ory is the suffix which means to extract from...so vomitory refers to CSI technicians that speicialize in extracting evidence from vomit. "The vomitory was crucial in finding evidence that led to the conviction of the muderer with the upset stomach."

2 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >