Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Extra long worksheets    

Extra long worksheets

mariannina
Italy

Extra long worksheets

Hello dear friends, I don �t remember if this topic has already been discussed in the forum, but I really need your help.
In our site there are a lot of wonderful worksheets but they are too long to be print by my printer. I mean, they don �t seem to be prepared on a A4 paper and, when I print them, all the pictures, sentences and words that are in the lower part of the ws don �t appear.
What shall I do?
Thanks.
Mariannina

5 Nov 2010      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dear Granny
You �ve just hit on a question that has bothered this technophobe for quite a while
when you find out the answer please please let me knowHug
I �m sure one of our esteemed coleagues will be able to help.

5 Nov 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

HI! Select File, Print (but not Quick Print!). The Print dialog box should appear. In the bottom right-hand corner, in the Zoom section, go to Scale to Paper Size select from the drop down menu your desired paper size.

I hope this answers your question, but if it doesn �t work, then maybe it �s your printer. With the exception of photo printers, aren �t all printers set for size A4 or 8 1/2 x 11 paper settings?

5 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Standard printers usually have an option thats says something like "reduce to fit the page". Whenever I have a printable in a size larger than A4 I always do that. It �s worked for me so far.

My printer is set to work with A4 size. Maybe if your printer is set to "letter" size (a little smaller), then you might have problems with most of the printables!!! LOL

But you should give it a try, dear Mariannina, or Granny, for Frank!! Wink

Hope to have helped a little.
See you guys around.

Hugs, Bruna.

5 Nov 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Thank you dear friends, I �ll try!
Frank are you trying?
Ciao to all of you.

5 Nov 2010     

marythankyou
Italy

Hi Mariannina and everybody else! I have a different problem but somewhat connected: I download beautiful worksheets with a lot of pictures and illustrations, but when I open them they are a mess. As I am not very good at using computers (my works have very simple layout for this reason!) I just hope it won �t happen too often!
Well, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a nice November!
MariaGrazia

5 Nov 2010