Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESL Printables rules in Portuguese    

ESL Printables rules in Portuguese

zailda
Brazil

ESL Printables rules in Portuguese

Hi!

I�ve been teaching English as a second language at the same American School branch for almost 13 years and since the very beginning I was oriented to:

1) Use only English with my students;

2) Prepare additional worksheets  / activities whenever they could be necessary;

3) Start every single work from scratch because they�re very strict concerning copyright.

So you can deduce that it wasn�t that difficult to start here when I registered at ESL printables, I merely kept doing what I was trained to. But I realize that most of schools have different teachers� training and most of the new members face difficulties learning how to participate without infringing the rules and preparing worksheets that will really help the others � so they�ll get downloads and will be able to benefit with the zillions of contributions from other members.

I prepared and published in my blog the rules of ESL printables in Portuguese, so my Google Groups members will be able to read it in our mother tongue and keep it in their computers to check the rules whenever necessary. Since the document is in Portuguese, I posted it here: http://intextos.blogspot.com/2010/11/regras-do-esl-printables-em-portugues.html 

Since my retirement in 2007 I have taught only 4 to 6 classes a semester (used to have up to 17) so from now on I�ll focus on new members and will dedicate part of my time to prepare tutorials for ESL printables new members.

To prevent from attacks or misinterpretation, I�m not advertizing anything. Feel free to ignore this post if you think I am.

Have a nice day!

5 Nov 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Way to go girl, lady, I mean!

I normally complain about advertising all the time, I call the people who send it to me, threaten them, make lots of enemies over unwanted advertising.....maybe I should learn to relax and ignore what I don �t like.

ROTFL

5 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Teacher retirement in my country doesn �t happen untill you reach a retirement age, and even then many teachers prefer to work as they want to be able to get their salary and may be some of them would do it for the sake of the beloved cause so to speak.
Sophia
P. S. I was trying to say that you �re too young to retire, Zailda.Smile

5 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Tongue

I feel flattered, ueslteacher, but I�m 53 and have worked for 35 years. In Brazil women can get retirement from 48 y.o. or after working for 30 years.

5 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here you have to be 55 to retire no matter how long you �ve worked.
BTW If I read your age backwards, that would be my ageSmile
Sophia

5 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

What can I say, I guess it is true, Germans live to work.....65 here ;o(

5 Nov 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Lucky Zailda. I �m 53 also but I have to work for at leeast another 8 years.  I don �t understand how you could have worked 35 years already. When did you start working at 18? IHere you can �t teach in a school until you have your university degree.
@ Regina are you sure about that?- I  have at least four German firends- neighbours who are under 65 and have retired. They are currently living here all year round- they love the weather and the sea.

5 Nov 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Retirement age is 65 in Germany. In certain areas you can retire at 62, but you lose a lot of your old age pension. If you �re wealthy enough not to care , then you can emigrate to Greece, Spain or wherever.

Retirement age for teachers is being put up at the moment. Depending on your age, you have to work until 67. For me, it �s goig to be around 65 1/2. For young teachers it �ll be 67.

Can you imagine all those grannies and granddads in schools?

5 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

2 elderberrywine: you rockSmile the grannies and granddadsLOL eventually we �ll all be there.
Sophia

5 Nov 2010     

mariamit
Greece

elderberrywine, with the new measures being taken here,  those of us working in Greece will be right there with you.  Maybe we �ll start a new club :United Granny Teachers of Europe LOL!

5 Nov 2010     

Ell@
Brazil

GREAT!EXCELLENT IDEA. AN IDEA COULD LEAVE LIKE THIS ONLY OF YOU. BRILLIANT. I ADORED.
THANKS

5 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >