Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The rules concerning pictures    

The rules concerning pictures

zailda
Brazil

The rules concerning pictures

Hi!

When a person uploads pictures to Picasa Web Albums he signs a term stating that he has the right to upload them and unless we can prove the contrary, we have to resign ourselves to believing in his statement. If you find a picture at Picasa and know it�s been unfairly redistributed (just in case you really want to), you should report it to Google (Picasa�s owner) and provide the original link.

As a Google user I know that since it�s proved, Google gives 2 days for its removal, or it�ll be removed anyway � and the person will lose the Picasa, Google, Gmail, Orkut, etc. accounts he has with Google.

It�s their duty to keep their site clean, and if you want to help you need to merely press a button at Picasa, provided next to any albums or pictures.

ESL printables rules are clear: you can�t use watermarked pictures, pictures from sites that don�t allow their redistribution or taken from ESL books or sites.

Most of the pictures posted at Picasa are from Spanish teachers, so they aren�t from English books. Unless Victor wants to add �from Spanish, Portuguese, etc.� books, as moderators we have to strictly follow the rules and if a worksheet is not infringing Victor�s rules, we should either ask him to add some lines to his rules or vote according to the rules he has already provided.

It�s unfair to vote according to rules that weren�t created by the administrator, because all the rules must be clearly stated where everyone can see, and we know only moderators have access to the moderating page.

Still concerning to the rules, I�d like to remind you about one that maybe is (on purpose or not) rarely mentioned � �The activity of the moderators will be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the moderator privileges of anyone who does not moderate according to the rules.�

For the members who have plenty of time in hands and would like to help keep the site clean reporting other members� worksheets, I�d like to mention one of Victor�s rules: �The reports will also be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the reporting privileges of anyone who reports worksheets without justified reasons.

I still wonder what sort of personal pleasure one can get from removing other person�s work, but always looking forward to hearing about new ways of enjoying life � just in case I need them in the future.

Have a nice day!

5 Nov 2010      

el_profe55
Argentina

Clap

5 Nov 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �ve reported a few worksheets, but there �s one I considered reporting and didn �t. The ones I reported either contained other languages (one was 100% Spanish) or copied from another ESL site (I �d gotten the same worksheet two months ago from English Banana).

The one I didn �t had a Bogglesworld logo on it, but I wasn �t 100% certain he/she didn �t just use their Boggleworld �s layout and adapt for the adverb structure. All (four) of my worksheets have been original and the art from my own clipart collections. I �d guess that at least 95% of us want to follow the rules. We just want everyone to follow the rules.

5 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Pictures from ESL sites are not allowed, as from English Banana or Mes-English. They prepare the pictures only for their own wss, they can �t be redistributed.

6 Nov 2010