Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Which is correct : IS or ARE    

Which is correct : IS or ARE

mariamit
Greece

Which is correct : IS or ARE

I am writing up a Comenius Project summary and there is a question as to which is correct is or are in the following sentence. Tell me what do you think and why? 

At the crux of each of the aforementioned IS /ARE  the Social and Economic Dimensions, the Conservation and Management of Resources for sustainable Development and the Means of Implementation.

Thanks in advance

Maria

8 Nov 2010      

Zora
Canada

I �d say "are" because of "dimensions" being plural.

Cheers,
L.

8 Nov 2010     

tempest252
Albania

here is the right answer:we choose "are" in this condition. because you mention many things : the Social and Economic Dimensions, the Conservation and Management of Resources for sustainable Development and the Means of Implementation.

8 Nov 2010     

tempest252
Albania

by the way can we,as a school, take part in your comenius project? :)

8 Nov 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Thank you  both. I don �t know why my partners believe it should be is.
@ tempest. I �m sorry we are 11 partners already. Also, I �m not sure if Albania can join Comenius projects. I hope you can find find partners if you �re interested. It �s a wonderful project.

8 Nov 2010