Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My contributions    

My contributions

sadek
Syria

My contributions

Dear friends,

How could I see who have downloaded my contributions?

9 Nov 2010      

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

you cant unless they leave a comment.....

9 Nov 2010     

sadek
Syria

How about if we ask the website administration to offer this service for all members ????? Is a way to contact the administration ????

9 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I think that would be an invasion of privacy. Those who want to let you know, do so by leaving comments.

9 Nov 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I think you �re great Libertybelle, but have to disagree with you on this one, invasion of privacy, piffle. If I left a pile of worksheets on my desk in the teachers � room and said ok, everyone, you �re free to help yourself, I wouldn �t expect people to be all secretive and only take a copy when I wasn �t looking. What is it with all the secrecy? What about MY rights? It �s my work after all. I would really love to see who actually likes my work.

Too many lurkers, I say.....!!Wink

9 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

I �ll have to agree with Sadek and Colibrita on this one...I �d like to know who finds my work useful, too. I don �t see how that constitutes invasion of anyone �s privacy. After all, what we �re doing here is sharing, so I don �t see anything wrong with knowing who you �re sharing your work with. It �s not as if we were stealing from our colleagues and wouldn �t want them to know we �ve used their work. Most of us use pseudonyms, anyway - nothing too private revealed that waySmile

9 Nov 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I don �t think it �s neccessary to add such a function. I spend enough time on ESLP! I don �t want to feel compelled to check up on who �s downloading my materials too!

9 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

If we could all see who downloads what, it might be amusing to see also who has multiple accounts: you know those (very few) members who boost their points and reps by making multiple downloads of their own worksheets (using different names). It might also expose the shills and sockpuppets who pop up every so often usually trying to sell somebody else �s work or supporting somebody else �s insupportable nonsense.

Then again, I don �t actually care enough to want to go through them myself... 

9 Nov 2010     

lshorton99
China

What would you do if you knew who downloaded your contributions? How would it help anyone? Personally, I can �t see any useful purpose for adding a function that allows you to see who has downloaded your work and I can see lots of ways in which it might cause problems - people sending pms to those who download their work advertising new worksheets, asking them to download something different etc. People not wanting anyone to know whose work they download and not downloading as a result. People being dragged into yet another argument about reported contributions with �Well X downloaded it so it must be ok. �

If it ain �t broke, don �t fix it!

Lindsey

9 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I �d say this feature is an absolute must now that all other social networking media, governments and Internet censors have virtually abolished privacy as we knew it. We should be able to see what anyone downloads from anyone else. Let voyeurism rule! Cool

9 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Why should I be interested in who downloaded my wss? I believe my wss are downloaded by people who need them and that�s all I need to know. Cannot see the point of this thread, sorry.Unhappy

9 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >