Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > help please!    

help please!

hafedh chairet
Tunisia

help please!

can anyone explain how come that i got some new points for my newly uploaded ws before even they appear on the list of recent contributions.b t w i uploaded 3 new ws only 22 hours earlier! thanks for your care. 

10 Nov 2010      

akram@73
Tunisia

Perhaps someone checked your profile and downloaded your recent contributions.It happens quite often.

10 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Now why would they do that, Akram? Your compatriot �s �profile � is hardly setting the heather on fire.

10 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Now why would you say that, almaz? akram was being helpful ... and it seems to me hafedh �s ws show a hard-working teacher ... No need to be rude, right ?

11 Nov 2010     

hafedh chairet
Tunisia

thanks aliciapc. in fact akram was right. i even got 2 comments before the ws appeared on the recent contributions list. you can check that on my profile.i didn �t react to almaz because i couldn �t even imagine why he was that hostile. by the way i got those 300 points for being an active member in less than two months now. forgive and forget!

11 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

hafedh, the contributions are free of charge (the first 30 you download a day) only when they are at the recent contributions page. If someone downloads your ws before or after they are shown there, you get your point right away. When someone downloads it from the recent page, the points will be credited in two days.

11 Nov 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

hafedh chairet,
Since you wrote that you uploaded �only � 22 hours earlier I think there might be a little misunderstanding about when the sheets appear in the recent contributions. They appear at 12 o � clock midnight spanish time, after you uploaded. Depending on when you upload, that can be indeed close to 24 hours after (if you upload just after spanish midnight) or only half an hour later ( if you uploaded just before Spanish midnight).
Since my timezone is similar to spain, I often upload late in the evening (when I finish preparing) and it is posted that same night so when I wake up in the morning the other side of the globe has already seen the sheet in the recents...
Anyway, may these be our problems.........

11 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

There was absolutely nothing �hostile � about my post. I was genuinely curious as to why several members would actively search out another member �s new contributions on a daily basis before they actually appeared in the new contributions section. Surely they have better things to do - unless, of course, they know beforehand that the member has just uploaded a new worksheet. In which case, Hafedh �s question is a tad disingenuous.

@aliciapc: you �re perfectly right that there �s no need to be rude...

11 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I wasn �t talking about the question you made, but about the comment ... Anyway, it �s 7am here, gotta go to work. Have a nice day, almaz

11 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Oh dear, another classic inter-cultural misunderstanding. �Set the heather on fire � simply means to arouse excitement. So what �s the problem?

By the way, since when has healthy skepticism become synonymous with �rudeness �? This has become a much-abused and misused response here to anything people either disagree with, don �t understand or don �t have an otherwise adequate reply for.

11 Nov 2010