Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Method and stratregies to teach English    

Method and stratregies to teach English

marcosporto
Brazil

Method and stratregies to teach English

We know  that  we  can teach  English  well without  knowing  the methods, but  we  also  know that  if  we  know  method and  strategies  our performance  will  be  appreciate  for  the  students  and  become  the  class  more  interesting  and  motivating.

20 Nov 2010      

nombasa
South Africa

I think you are so right.  It is important to understand how students of different ages learn, and teach accordingly.  Also each student is different and it is good to be able to change your style according to the needs of the learner.  It takes years of learning and experience and asking for help to get to that point.

20 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

As  no two students are alike - methods and strategies are the tools that give us the means to reach most students.
Teaching is based on many methods - some work for some students and some on others.
If it works- use it!
Methods are also the basis for differentiated teaching.
One of my subjects at teacher �s college was method training and I �ve use it many, many times.

20 Nov 2010