Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Audio Files    

Audio Files

MoodyMoody
United States

True, she probably did mean free, but people do pay for downloaded material on occasion.  She may, at this point, be desperate enough to pay!

I �ve been known to download and pay for books on my Kindle. Possibly I could have looked for book sites and stolen the books, but I don �t want to steal. I do download a lot of free books, but they are either provided as promotionals or are in the public domain. I don �t steal music either.

I know that people can and do steal; I �ve reported several myself on this site. But I prefer to assume that most people are ethical, at least most of the time. And if they aren �t, their deeds will catch up to them.

22 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

@philipR I understand your point! but you should try to find another way to tell her what she �s doing is wrong.

I agree with you we shouldn �t "steal" or use copyright material without permission and would be better if we go to a bookstore and paid for it; That �s what we are supposed to do! BUT....

PS:"It �s better to treat others the way you would like to be treat"

22 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

To be honest, I don �t really care what anyone does nor do I have a stake in any publishing company. I just think if we want to promote ESLP as an honest, creative (non-profit) site for the EFL community, maybe we shouldn �t jump on the peer-to-peer, file-sharing, torrents bandwagon. I don �t mind if anyone does, but if they need help doing so, asking for it here seems like a bad idea, not to mention unethical.
I have nothing against the poster (just a victim of opportunity), nor do I want to offend anyone, but I was getting a bit fed up with these requests. Let�s reserve the forum for genuine English questions and other assistance.

22 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

Clap I completely agree with you.
btw, I�m amazed with the number of wss reported every single day! Shocked

22 Nov 2010     

xcharo
Spain

The fact is:
I �m thinking of something else for that class tomorrow/today. (not stolen CDs)
I apreciated your advice. Suddenly, I missed my mother, phoned her and chat for long while with her. Thanks!

22 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2